4 BIG Mistakes that Can Prevent the Sale of Your Charlotte Home
Selling a house in any market can be tricky but, there are certain mistakes an owner can make that will cause a Charlotte home to sit still without a decent Offer and cause the listing to go stale. In order to prevent that from happening, make sure you are not making one of the following mistakes when putting your Charlotte property on the market.
While your Charlotte home may hold sentimental value, that value does not translate into dollars. Be realistic about your asking price and know the market. Look at the list price of similar houses on the market to get a rough idea of what you should ask for your property. Your real estate agent can also give you their expert opinion based on experience and comparables.
2. Neglecting Repairs
Glaring problems with a property will cause the buyer to think the Charlotte home was not properly maintained. While it may cost you money now, repairing things like repairing any wood rot or damage, replacing broken light fixtures, caulking where it is noticeably missing or replacing missing tiles or aged grout can change a buyer’s entire attitude about a property.
3. Ignoring Curb Appeal
Overgrown and unweeded yards can cause potential buyers to drive right by. Also, having junk in the front of your house or peeling paint can deter someone from considering the property. Walk across the street and take a good, critical look at your house — and then make necessary adjustments.
4. Creating Foul Odors
Odorous foods, pet dander and the smell of smoke can be extremely distasteful to buyers. Even if you are used to the smell, others entering your house will not be. Make sure you air out the house, smoke only outdoors, and put away the litter boxes before an open house or showing.
Without even realizing it. homeowners can easily sabotage a potential sale; they can make several mistakes right out of the gate when trying to sell their Charlotte home. Many of these mistakes can be easily ‘fixed’ or avoided altogether with proper guidance from a professional. If you’re thinking of selling your Charlotte home, give me a call at (704) 491-3310 or email me at SavvyBroker@me.com for more home seller information and to have the power-marketing team get your Charlotte home SOLD!
More Charlotte home seller information:
- Two Key Ingredients to Selling Your Charlotte Luxury Home
- Charlotte Area Luxury Home – Staged, Stunning and SOLD!
- 10 Most Common Charlotte Home Seller Mistakes
- Things You MUST Disclose When Selling Your Charlotte Home
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Preparing for the Inspection
- Six Staging Tips to Get Your Charlotte Home Sold Quicker
- Charlotte Home Sellers – You Should NOT Have to Pay for Marketing Your Home UP FRONT!
- Safety Tips for Charlotte Home Sellers
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Five Updates to Get Your Charlotte Home SOLD!
- Charlotte NC Home Seller Tips | Spectacular vs. Blah – Guess Which SELLS?!
- Pricing Your Home for Sale, Myth vs. Reality
- Selling Your Charlotte Home – Leave the Emotions Out of the Equation
- Pricing is CRITICAL When Selling Your Charlotte Real Estate
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Redefine Your Market Value
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Do Your Research
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Remodeling Tips | Ways to Save You Money
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips | Extend Your Selling Season
- Charlotte NC Home Seller Tips | It Only Takes ONE Offer
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group Real Estate | SavvyBroker@me.com | 4 BIG Mistakes that Can Prevent the Sale of Your Charlotte Home| Charlotte’s top listing agents share their home seller tips | Email SavvyBroker@me.com for more information on selling YOUR Charlotte home.