Charlotte Home Seller Tips | 4 Things That Will Turn Buyers Away in a Heartbeat
You’ve decided to list your Charlotte home for sale, you’ve de-cluttered, rearranged furniture, removed all unnecessary furniture and you’ve cleaned it from top to bottom. Even though you have a good start, maintaining a clean household may just not be enough; you also need to be prepared to cater to discriminating buyers. By updating just a few features, you’ll immediately increase your property’s appeal to buyers looking at Charlotte homes for sale.
Selling a house is stressful enough without having to worry about every little detail and anticipating exactly what buyers are looking for in a new home. So, we’d share with you our findings in a recent buyer survey that shows what buyers are definitely NOT looking for. Make these relatively easy changes and persnickety purchasers will have less to complain about when it comes to your property.
1. Neglected landscaping – This is where you will not get a second chance on that first impression. The front yard of your home is the very first thing your potential buyers see, so make sure it’s eye-catching, tidy and inviting. A yard looking like a graveyard (unless it’s Halloween decorations) might make potential buyers drive right on by.
2. Popcorn ceilings – Not only do most buyers find these unattractive, but they also know that popcorn ceilings are impossible to clean and difficult to paint. Additionally, Charlotte homes for sale that were built before the mid-1970s could contain asbestos in popcorn ceilings. Have popcorn ceilings tested for asbestos, and if all is clear, you might want to invest in a contractor to smooth them out. It’s truly not as expensive as you might think it is to have this done–and you will certainly recover the amount spent either in a quicker sale and/or monetarily in your sales price.
3. Crazy paint colors – Paint any room that is red, teal or another out-of-the-ordinary color a nice beige or off-white. Most buyers just can’t see past those funky colors and do not want to have to paint before they can move into your home.
4. Brass fixtures – I’m sad to say that brass is out! If your doorknobs and cabinet pulls are all brass, buyers have a tendency to zero in on that as a negative feature that they’ll have to update. Eliminate a potentially bad focal point by easily and inexpensively replacing the fixtures yourself.
Don’t get discouraged when it comes to fixing up your house. Update these common sources of buyer complaints, and you’ll be well on your way to measuring up to or even surpassing other Charlotte homes for sale.
More Charlotte home seller information:
- Two Key Ingredients to Selling Your Charlotte Luxury Home
- Charlotte Area Luxury Home – Staged, Stunning and SOLD!
- 10 Most Common Charlotte Home Seller Mistakes
- Things You MUST Disclose When Selling Your Charlotte Home
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Preparing for the Inspection
- Six Staging Tips to Get Your Charlotte Home Sold Quicker
- Charlotte Home Sellers – You Should NOT Have to Pay for Marketing Your Home UP FRONT!
- Safety Tips for Charlotte Home Sellers
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Five Updates to Get Your Charlotte Home SOLD!
- Charlotte NC Home Seller Tips | Spectacular vs. Blah – Guess Which SELLS?!
- Pricing Your Home for Sale, Myth vs. Reality
- Selling Your Charlotte Home – Leave the Emotions Out of the Equation
- Pricing is CRITICAL When Selling Your Charlotte Real Estate
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Redefine Your Market Value
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Do Your Research
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Remodeling Tips | Ways to Save You Money
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips | Extend Your Selling Season
- Charlotte NC Home Seller Tips | It Only Takes ONE Offer
If you’d like additional advice on attracting buyers, please call me at (704) 491-3310 or email me at SavvyBroker@me.com for more information.
©Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group Real Estate | 4 Things That Will Turn Buyers Away in Charlotte Homes for Sale