Charlotte Home Seller Tips | 5 Tips for Selling Your Home in Charlotte in 2013
Are you thinking of selling your Charlotte area home…and make a profit? Well, you’re not alone! It is the desire of every real estate investor/homeowner to make a profit from the sale of his or her property. If you have a home in Charlotte that you’re thinking of selling, consider these tips to help you achieve your goal.
Are you selling at the right time?
Historically, the market value of a home in Charlotte is higher during the spring season because there are more Charlotte home buyers who are preparing to buy. Following the economic principle of supply and demand, the cost of property is normally greater when the demand is high and the supply is low. Now, even in the winter months, we’re seeing a significant demand and our supply is unusually low. Sellers typically remove their homes from the market during the winter/holiday months and others wait until the spring to list. Coupled with the amount of holiday travel that we see in our area, early January this year would be the perfect time to list your Charlotte home. Beat those sellers to the spring market and capture these extremely serious home buyers that are frantically searching for a new home!
Is your home ready to sell?
Prior to listing your Charlotte home for sale, we advise you to first prepare it for the market by removing any imperfections. Items such as repainting the home so that it will look nice and give a positive first impression to your potential buyers, updating the kitchen and bathroom fixtures as well as replacing old brass fixtures. Believe me, buyers significantly reduce their Offer price on homes that are in need of repair or updating; their estimates to replace these items is far greater than the actual cost to Charlotte homeowners. Conversely, if your home makes a great first impression and is updated and ‘polished’ to a ‘t,’ you’ll procure a much higher Offer price.
Do your rooms look spacious or small? Have you removed all of the clutter?
Homebuyers consider the sizes of the rooms when they are buying a home. Removing unnecessary items in the rooms gives them more visible size, making them more appealing to buyers. You can rent a storage unit and keep them there. This will help to make the rooms look more spacious. Remember that decluttering BEFORE you list your home not only makes your home more appealing to prospective buyers but, since you’re going to have to pack it up anyway, saves you time AFTER you go under Contract!
Do you have an idea of what your home in Charlotte is worth?
The current market condition determines the cost of a home. Before listing your home in Charlotte, it is advisable that you find out the market value of your home. Your local Realtor® can help with that information.
Do you have an agent to list your Charlotte home for sale?
Most real estate agents will list your home in the MLS. However, you’ll want to hire a reliable agent who will provide you the best-of-the-best marketing for your home, and who goes well beyond just listing your home in MLS.
I would be happy to show you the local comparable property sales for your home in Charlotte. Give me a call at (704) 491-3310 or email me at [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
More Charlotte home seller information:
- Two Key Ingredients to Selling Your Charlotte Luxury Home
- Charlotte Area Luxury Home – Staged, Stunning and SOLD!
- 10 Most Common Charlotte Home Seller Mistakes
- Things You MUST Disclose When Selling Your Charlotte Home
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Preparing for the Inspection
- Six Staging Tips to Get Your Charlotte Home Sold Quicker
- Charlotte Home Sellers – You Should NOT Have to Pay for Marketing Your Home UP FRONT!
- Safety Tips for Charlotte Home Sellers
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Five Updates to Get Your Charlotte Home SOLD!
- Charlotte NC Home Seller Tips | Spectacular vs. Blah – Guess Which SELLS?!
- Pricing Your Home for Sale, Myth vs. Reality
- Selling Your Charlotte Home – Leave the Emotions Out of the Equation
- Pricing is CRITICAL When Selling Your Charlotte Real Estate
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Redefine Your Market Value
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Do Your Research
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Remodeling Tips | Ways to Save You Money
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips | Extend Your Selling Season
©Debe Maxwell | Savvy + Company Real Estate | 5 Tips for Selling Your Home in Charlotte in 2013