7 Quick and Easy Tips to Prepare Your Charlotte Home for Sale
Does your home deserve a little TLC but, the thought of an ‘extreme home makeover’ make you want to cringe? You don’t have to fret over a few fixer-uppers.
Here are 7 quick and easy tips to prepare your Charlotte home for sale.
These DIY projects will get rid of those sore spots without breaking the bank.
- Create an Accent Wall: Go from blah to beautiful with just a can of paint. An accent wall adds also instant depth to a room that might otherwise appear flat and boring.
- Paint or Re-stain your Front Door: You’ve heard the old saying “You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.” Well, this applies to selling your Charlotte home as well. You may not agree that color will make a difference on your home but, you may want to consult with your real estate agent. A freshly painted front door can add an instant ‘pop’ of color, adding character and personality to your entire home at first-glance.
- Paint the Garage Door: Easy updates like this truly make a difference in that ‘first impression’ that your buyer will have. When it comes to around-the-house DIY projects, painting a garage door may not be the first thing you think of but, it does make a big difference in the minds of your potential buyers.
- Color Your Home Green: Oh, the benefits of bringing plant life into your home…Not only do they purify your air, they add instant ‘life’ and beauty to any room. Easy-to-maintain plants that don’t dry out easily in an air-conditioned or heated environment will be a cinch to maintain while your home is on the market.
- Fix the Floors: Floors reveal a lot about the condition of a home. As long as they aren’t in very poor condition, a quick sand and stain on a hardwood floor or carpet cleaning can bring back that ‘new home’ feeling. Believe it or not, if you have pet odors (which you likely won’t notice yourself), the ‘new’ scent of the floor stain will rid your home of those odors and leave it smelling like a new home.
- Accessorize: Your homes is a statement of YOU – take the time to add home decor that speaks only to YOUR own personal style. Buying accessories doesn’t have to be expensive either. Look for sales in stores, or seek estate sales in your area. Consignment and wholesales stores are also popular places to find great value on a wide variety of home decor.
- Clear out the Clutter: Nothing makes a home feel like new more than organizing all of the ‘stuff’ which you have amassed over the time which you have resided in your home. Take a weekend (or two, depending on how much you’ve accumulated) to clean out closets, drawers, extra bedrooms and attics. Believe me when I say, your buyers WILL open your drawers, cabinets and closets. If they see that YOU can’t fit everything into your house, they will feel that there is not enough storage–a huge reason that buyers will turn down a property.
More Charlotte home seller information –
You may think that there is a lot of information in the links below…and there is! However, we work with a very large number of Charlotte home sellers and write these articles as we come across issues that we see sellers facing. Some are repeat items but, we assure you that if you follow our guidelines to prepare your home for selling, we can help you achieve success in getting your Charlotte home SOLD!
- Two Key Ingredients to Selling Your Charlotte Luxury Home
- Charlotte Area Luxury Home – Staged, Stunning and SOLD!
- 10 Most Common Charlotte Home Seller Mistakes
- Things You MUST Disclose When Selling Your Charlotte Home
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Preparing for the Inspection
- Six Staging Tips to Get Your Charlotte Home Sold Quicker
- Charlotte Home Sellers – You Should NOT Have to Pay for Marketing Your Home UP FRONT!
- Safety Tips for Charlotte Home Sellers
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Five Updates to Get Your Charlotte Home SOLD!
- Charlotte NC Home Seller Tips | Spectacular vs. Blah – Guess Which SELLS?!
- Pricing Your Home for Sale, Myth vs. Reality
- Selling Your Charlotte Home – Leave the Emotions Out of the Equation
- Pricing is CRITICAL When Selling Your Charlotte Real Estate
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Redefine Your Market Value
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Do Your Research
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Remodeling Tips | Ways to Save You Money
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips | Extend Your Selling Season
- Charlotte NC Home Seller Tips | It Only Takes ONE Offer
- 7 Painful Consequences of Overpricing Your Charlotte Home for Sale
- 3 Common Charlotte Home Seller Mistakes | A Buyers’ Perspective
- 5 Tips for Selling Your Home in Charlotte in 2013
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips | Why Buyers DON’T Want Fixer Uppers!
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – How To Get Your Home Sold Quickly!
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips | 4 Things that Will Turn Home Buyers Away
- Charlotte Home Selling Tip – Exterior Photos Speak Volumes
- Top 10 List of Do’s and Don’ts When Listing Your Charlotte Home for Sale
- Charlotte Home Sellers | 10 Tips for an Accurate Appraisal
Thinking of selling your Charlotte home? Give us a call at (704) 491-3310 or email us at [email protected]. We’ll be happy to meet with you and evaluate your home to determine what will help it sell quickly and for the most money in this market.
©Debe Maxwell | [email protected] | Savvy + Company Real Estate | 7 Quick and Easy Tips to Prepare Your Charlotte Home for Sale