Use Back-to-School Basics When Hiring a Charlotte Real Estate Agent
Your children will be going back to school next week so, we thought you should follow suit if you’re getting ready to pick the right Charlotte real estate agent to sell your Charlotte home. You’ve waited for the children to go back to school so that you can begin a simpler home selling process; with the summer ‘projects’ put away and your home back to ‘normal,’ it’s time to list your Charlotte home! Do your homework when it comes to hiring a professional to sell your home — a good one can make the process smoother and less stressful.
So, while your children are studying for that first round of quizzes, educate yourself by interviewing Charlotte real estate agents. Below are some basic questions to ask each agent so that you can ensure you choose the one with the highest marks!
- Grade Level – Ask how many years they’ve been in the business and if they’re a full time agent.
- Check Their Scores – How many homes have they represented in the last twelve months? How many have sold? What were the original listing prices and what were the selling prices? This will help you determine the list-to-sales price ratio.
- Computer Class – Ask how they plan to market your home and if they have an online presence. Remember, you’ll be able to reach more potential buyers if your Charlotte real estate agent’s selling strategy includes social media and database listing sites. Only about 3% of agents are truly proficient at this. The best way to check their proficiency is to perform a Google search of each agent whom you are interviewing.
- Homework – You are paying a professional to spend time on your home and with you. Ask how often they will provide you with updates and anything else that comes from signing a Contract to list your Charlotte home with them.
- Permanent Record – Ask for references! Talking directly to home sellers who have worked with the agents you interview gives you the clearest idea of their communication habits, efficiency and success rate.
Don’t start off the school year with a Charlotte real estate agent who turns out to be at the bottom of the class. Educate yourself by interviewing multiple professionals and doing your homework on their backgrounds.
If you’re looking for a professional agent to sell your home, I’d appreciate the opportunity to interview for the job. Give me a call at (704) 491-3310 or email me at [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
©Debe Maxwell | Savvy + Company Real Estate | Back-to-School Basics When Hiring An Agent to List Your Charlotte Home