How is the Charlotte Real Estate Market in 2013?
“How Does the Charlotte Real Estate Market Effect ME?”
How long have we been hearing that the Charlotte real estate market is either stagnant or in decline? Well, many economic experts are “predicting” that things “might” be looking up this year and we “may” see an increase in both home prices and sales. Well Charlotte home sellers and buyers, it’s already happening!
Both buyers and sellers are being affected by these increases and will continue to do so in the months to come. It is essential that both Charlotte home sellers and buyers are aware of how they will be affected.
The current state of the Charlotte real estate market is having the following ramifications on our buyers and sellers:
- Interest rates could remain low. Interest rates are lower now than they have been in years, which can make purchasing a home far more affordable than ever before.
- More buyers are competing for homes. More buyers looking for property could mean bidding wars on homes with more than one interested party. Be sure to take this into consideration before ‘sleeping on’ making that Offer.
- Housing remains affordable. Although home prices are rising, the cost of Charlotte real estate is well below what it was ten years ago.
- As well, rental rates are exceeding home mortgages by 53% – it’s time to lose your Charlotte landlord!
- Marketing is vital. Working with a skilled property professional is imperative to ensure the best advertising for your listing. They have access to the MLS listing service, which is where all REALTORS® look for properties for the buyers they represent.
- Contract negotiations are more prevalent. Multiple Offer situations have become more commonplace. So do your research on how to best handle contract negotiations.
- Make sure you get the most for your home. Know what other properties are selling for in your neighborhood, and consider hiring a stager to stage your home for showings–it makes a tremendous difference in the days on the market as well as the sales price of your home.
With the Charlotte real estate market heating up, both buyers and sellers need to be aware of how the changes affect their strategies. Whether you’re looking for your dream house or wanting to get the highest return on your home for sale, I’d be happy to help. Please call me at (704) 491-3310 or email me at [email protected] for more information.
© Debe Maxwell | Savvy + Company Real Estate | [email protected] | How is the Charlotte Real Estate Market in 2013? “How Does the Charlotte Real Estate Market Effect ME?”