You are viewing: Charlotte Neighborhoods > Cabarrus County
Cabarrus County, located to the Northeast of Charlotte, NC has much to offer its residents including:
- Convenient, easy access to I-85, I-77, I-485, Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, and the Concord Regional Airport.
- Educational opportunities at close-by public and private schools, nearby renowned colleges and universities, and excellent museums.
- World-class healthcare at CMC-NorthEast Hospital, a 457-bed medical center known for advanced technology, medical staff experience, quality, and compassionate care, run by Carolinas Healthcare System (whose home office is in Charlotte).
- Nearby professional sports teams, world-class entertainment, fine dining, and upscale shopping – including football, basketball, hockey, baseball, malls, and a large variety of restaurants. Convenient high-end stores include Nordstrom’s, Neiman Marcus, Tiffany’s, Banana Republic, Pottery Barn, COACH, Burberry, and Sur la Table.
- Recreational facilities such as golf courses, tennis courts, swimming, boating, sailing, and hiking, as well as recreational parks and sports facilities for every level and interest.
Concord, the Cabarrus County seat, located in the heart of Cabarrus County, is home to much of the NASCAR industry as well as Charlotte Motor Speedway. Homes in Concord, NC vary from new transitional styles in outlying subdivisions, to traditional colonials and bungalows in Historic Concord near the town’s main street, to rustic stone and Tudor style mansions in developments like The Enclave at Timber Ridge, Jacob’s Ridge, Christenbury Hall (a Simonini master-planned community) and Trinity Place. Read more about Concord NC and view homes for sale in Concord.
Originally a railroad depot town in the mid 1800’s, Harrisburg maintains its small-town, rural heritage. This friendly town is located in the Southwest corner of Cabarrus County, Northeast of Mecklenburg County. Harrisburg is home to NASCAR’s Charlotte Motor Speedway and Concord Mills shopping center; Concord is also in close proximity to North Charlotte’s University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Read more about Harrisburg and view homes for sale in Harrisburg NC.
Kannapolis, now a thriving city of over 38,000, is located along the I-85 corridor in the Charlotte area of North Carolina. Kannapolis entered a new era on July 30, 2003 when Pillowtex officials announced the closing of their 16 facilities nationwide and in Canada. During the 20-year decline of Pillowtex, Kannapolis was able to develop a highly successful $1.5 billion revitalization project including The North Carolina Research Campus. Read more about Kannapolis and view homes for sale in Kannapolis NC.
Skybrook, located just off of I-77’s exit 15, in Huntersville, NC, is one of the newer country club communities featuring golf, swim and tennis. Several home builders are and have been building in the rolling, wooded community, which includes custom and semi-custom single family homes (beginning in the mid $190,000 range up to $500,000) and townhomes (beginning from $180,000 range). Read more about Skybrook and view homes for sale in Skybrook Huntersville NC.
Map of Cabarrus County, NC
[srp_profile lat=”35.451813″ lng=”-80.608813″ address=”3030 South Cannon Boulevard ” city=”Kannapolis ” state=”NC” zip_code=” 28083-6959″]
Charlotte NC Real Estate
Debe Maxwell, CRS, Realtor®/Broker
SAVVY + COMPANY REAL ESTATE
1920 E. 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28204
Mobile: (704) 491-3310
Fax: (704) 353-7014