A Home Never Gets a Second Chance for a First Impression
A well maintained home speaks volumes to potential buyers. You are conveying a strong message to prospective buyers by showing that with just a few repairs, some elbow grease (clean-up) and a little staging, that you care about your home. Often times, buyers overestimate the costs of painting and repairs and are turned off by the idea of having to do anything to their new home. Showing your home at its best is to your advantage and will result in a quicker sale, at a higher price.
Become a minimalist! Get rid of the clutter so that buyers see your home…not your ‘stuff!’
Here are a few things you can do to enhance the sale of your Charlotte home:
- Make the front door clean and inviting.
- Paint gutters and downspouts.
- Keep your lawn well manicured.
- Painting to make your home look fresh and clean.
- Pay attention to details – loose knobs, sticking doors and windows, torn screen doors and other minor flaws are detracting from your home’s value.
- Maintain that plumbing! Dripping water can discolor your sinks and implies faulty plumbing that has been in existence for a long time.
- Re-caulk around tubs and showers. Make the bathrooms sparkle.
- Leave bedrooms tidy. Remove excess furniture and use attractive bedspreads and freshly laundered curtains. Open the windows and the blinds and let lots of fresh air and/or light in.
- Neat, well organized closets show that there’s plenty of room for your buyers’ clothing and essentials.
- If you don’t have a closet light, have one installed.
- Clean out your attic and basement, removing all unnecessary articles. There’s never been a better time to start packing some of these items; after all, you’re going to have to move or discard them anyway!
- Turn on every light in the house including closet lights for showings.
- Soft music is inviting. Have the intercom or stereo tuned to a station of soft background music.
- Keep pets out of the home for showings. Eliminate all pet odors in the house: air it out often.
- Leave the home for all showings. The prospective buyers will feel like an intruder and will rush through the home for a showing if you’re present. Not to mention, the more people in a home, the smaller it looks!
- Happy Showings!
Charlotte North Carolina Real Estate
Debe Maxwell, CRS, Realtor®/Broker
THE MAXWELL HOUSE GROUP
2108 South Boulevard, Suite 116
Charlotte, NC 28203
Mobile: (704) 491-3310