It’s Not Just About the Charlotte Home, It’s About the Lifestyle and the Community
Shopping for a New Home in Charlotte NC? Start with a Wish List
If you’re seriously considering buying a Charlotte home, know that every buyer should have a ‘wish list’ for the home that they’re thinking of purchasing. Creating a wish list is an exercise in understanding what you want in your home and a great asset in helping your Charlotte real estate agent find the best homes for you.
What many buyers and even their agents fail to realize is that this wish list should be more than just the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and square footage. Your Charlotte home wish list should reflect and support the experiences and memories you hope to create while your life unfolds.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself as you begin building your home’s wish list:
- Think about your lifestyle. What do you enjoy doing at home? Do you entertain a lot of guests? How do you spend your time in the evenings and on the weekends?
- When people visit your home, what do you want them to say about it?
- Describe your ideal location.
- What is your maximum commute time and distance?
- Are schools important?
- Is there a particular view you are seeking?
- Are neighborhood amenities important to you?
- What type of neighborhood do you prefer?
- Do you want an old house or a new one? Do you have a preference?
- Are you willing to do a little work on your home, or do you want the house to be move-in ready?
- What other structures in addition to your home do you want/need?
- What architectural styles do you prefer?
- What other exterior features are important to you? Porch, deck, swimming pool, outdoor kitchen, etc.?
- Describe your interior style. Do you prefer formal, casual, cozy, traditional or perhaps contemporary?
- What kind of floorplan do you prefer?
- How many bedrooms do you need and how will they be used? (as actual bedrooms or office space, etc.)
- What features must your kitchen have?
- Think about your living room likes and dislikes.
- What are the top five things your home should have? Beyond those things, what is your biggest wish of all for your home?
These questions are to get you, as a Charlotte home buyer, thinking about the dream home that you can afford now. If you’re not sure how much you can afford, let us help! Give us a call to connect you to a top North Carolina lender to start the mortgage pre-approval process before you even begin to look at Charlotte homes for sale.
Search Charlotte Homes for Sale