Top 13 Neighborhoods in Charlotte NC in Real Estate Sales – April 2013
Two of the most common questions that clients who are relocating to the area ask is, “Which neighborhoods are the top selling communities in the Charlotte area? What are the most popular Charlotte neighborhoods” If you’re looking for a place to call home in Charlotte NC, check out these popular neighborhoods in Charlotte NC with some of the highest numbers of homes sold in the Charlotte area during April, 2013.
Here is a list of our top 13 selling subdivisions in April 2013 in Charlotte NC
The Berewick community is the perfect solution for the homebuyer searching for homes for sale in a convenient Southwest Charlotte community. Berewick is a great fit for homebuyers looking for that Southwest Charlotte address in a neighborhood with fantastic amenities. We’re seeing many of the MetLife relocation buyers showing interest in the Berewick community
- 19 homes sold in Berewick during the past month with an average list price of $226,619 and sales price of $217,946.
Cotswold homes are quite the variety with 1950’s and 60’s ranch style homes to completely renovated luxury homes and everything in between. Different home styles within Cotswold reflect the construction that has taken place literally over decades and the modern renovations and updates that have also occurred in this popular Old Charlotte community. Great walkability and location in this sprawling Charlotte neighborhood.
- 8 homes sold in Cotswold during the past month with an average list price of $349,450 and sales price of $345,000.
This community is almost always on this list–homes in popular, historic Dilworth are typically short-lived on the market and appreciation is one of the highest in the city. The draw to this bungalow-filled community is the incredible walkability along the tree-lined streets and sidewalks.
- 13 homes sold in Dilworth during the past month with an average list price of $456,776 and sales price of $445,938.
In the Uptown Charlotte NC community, history abounds yet, the neighborhoods in Charlotte just don’t get any more vibrant than Uptown! This wonderful community is one of the most desired areas in Charlotte for those looking for a live/work community; there’s never a dull moment in Charlotte’s Fourth Ward. Great location, walkability and fabulous skyline views from many of the Uptown condos.
- 20+ condos sold in Fourth Ward during the past month with an average list price of $250,329 and an average sales price of $239,419.
One of the largest master-planned communities in North Carolina with about 13,000 residing there, this amenity-filled community is divided by the Charlotte-Concord, Mecklenburg-Cabarrus County lines. Visit sprawling Highland Creek today and see for yourself why this is one of the most popular, top-selling neighborhoods in Charlotte.
- 20 homes have sold in Highland Creek during the past month with an average list price of $233,485 and sales price of $226,195.
One of Charlotte’s top-selling neighborhoods, located in close proximity to Uptown Charlotte, Madison Park offers a wide variety of 1950′s homes ranging from 1,000 to 2,500+ square feet, and priced from the high $100′s. Beautiful tree-lined streets and easy access to Uptown, Park Road, SouthPark, as well as all highways and the airport, attract many to the Madison Park neighborhood.
- 15 homes have sold in Madison Park during the past month with an average list price of $188,313 and sales price of $177,720.
Looking for diversity in a Charlotte community? You don’t have to look far from Charlotte’s Uptown to find it! Midwood is one of Charlotte’s most ‘hip’ neighborhoods! Plaza Midwood is full of rich history yet, urban and hip. Midwood is filled with older, quaint cottages to craftsman-stye bungalows to new construction that is simply gorgeous. You can’t drive through Midwood without seeing neighbors out biking, walking, jogging or beautifying the landscape in this popular Charlotte community.
- 19 homes sold in Midwood during the past month with an average list price of $322,597 and sales price of $316,134.
You’ll find some of the city’s grandest homes are framed by a canopy of massive, old willow oaks. Myers Park Charlotte NC emerged from a large cotton farm in 1911 and has become historic Charlotte’s ‘centerpiece.’ An absolutely beautiful community with a fantastic location.
- 27 homes have sold in Myers Park during the past month with an average list price of $738,319 and sales price of $682,478.
If you’re searching for homes in Southwest Charlotte in an affordable price range, you’ll find that Planters Walk, in the Steele Creek community is another popular subdivision. Search homes for sale in Planters Walk.
- 9 homes have sold in Planters Walk during the past month with an average list price of $151,516 and sales price of $148,833.
This serene community is filled with friendly neighbors and lots of activities for both children and adults. Just over 700 homes make up the Providence Plantation community, most built on large, wooded lots, with building beginning in the mid-1970’s. Lots range from 0.25 to 2 acres with gorgeous landscaping lining the tree-lined, winding roads throughout this lovely community. With a variety of architectural style, Providence Plantation is certainly no cookie-cutter community! From traditional to English Tudor, homes in this subdivision vary on the exteriors as much as the interiors. From Cape Cod plans to wide, open floorplans, you’ll certainly find something that suits your taste in homes priced from the $200,000’s to $1,100,000+.
- 11 homes sold in Providence Plantation during the past month with an average list price of $400,672 and sales price of $387,209.
Popular Raintree Country Club offers a wide variety of home styles and price points from which to choose, including condos, townhomes and single family homes. Wonderful country club amenities and award-winning school assignments keep homes selling in this popular South Charlotte neighborhood.
- 10 homes sold in Raintree during the past month with an average list price of $186,444 and sales price of $182,701.
Stone Creek Ranch:
Popular Stone Creek Ranch offers a wide variety of home styles and price points from which to choose. From townhomes to villas to single family homes constructed of stone, siding or full brick, Stone Creek Ranch has a myriad of options for even the most discriminating buyer in today’s market. Great amenities, award-winning school assignments and more in Stone Creek Ranch.
- 10 homes sold in Stone Creek Ranch during the past month with an average list price of $272,367 and sales price of $266,977.
Located at the corner of Sardis and Rama Roads, this popular close-in community offers affordable prices with great amenities including pool, clubhouse, playground and tennis.
- 10 homes sold in Stonehaven during the past month with an average list price of $281,150 and sales price of $272,860.
**Data source CMLS, deemed reliable but, not guaranteed
***Most sales in a single Charlotte neighborhood
Charlotte home buyers, if you are thinking about buying a Charlotte home for sale and would more information on the home buying process, please call me at (704) 491-3310 or email me at [email protected] for more information. If you’d like more advice on negotiating, we can help you with that as well!
THE CHARLOTTE HOME BUYING PROCESS
Step 1: Develop a plan
Step 2: Select a Realtor®
Step 3: Get that loan pre-approval
Step 4: Let’s go shopping!
Step 5: Making an Offer
Step 6: Finalizing your financing
Step 7: Let’s talk inspections!
Step 8: The devil is in the details
Step 9: The walk-through
©Debe Maxwell | Savvy + Company Real Estate | Charlotte NC Home Sales | Top 13 Neighborhoods in Charlotte NC in Real Estate Sales – April 2013