Increase Your Charlotte Home Value with These Renovation Ideas
Whether you’re planning on selling soon or just want a comfortable home to live in now, or a project for spring or the New Year, here are five projects that increase your Charlotte home’s comfort and value:
- Unveil hidden hardwood floors: Is there hardwood flooring hiding beneath your Charlotte home’s carpet? If you’re not sure, pull up the carpet in an unnoticeable corner and investigate; this can easily be done with a flat head screwdriver. If you find wood floors, you’ll probably need to refinish them, but that’s a lot less expensive than installing new hardwood flooring.
- Install flooring in your bathroom: Installation is typically the most expensive part of this home improvement, so if you can do it yourself, you’ll save quite a bit of money. Choosing a neutral-colored tile adds the most value. So, head out to the DIY store, take a class on how to install tile yourself and if you feel comfortable, here’s your project!
- Add ceiling fans: Everyone loves saving money, and adding ceiling fans can actually help reduce your electric bill considerably. Central air conditioning costs about 70 times more to run than a ceiling fan–that’s right seventy! In the summer, fans can cool you by 3 to 8 degrees, allowing you to reduce the use of your A/C and still feel just as cool. Use your ceiling fan in the winter too; just reverse the direction the blades rotate so the air flows up toward the ceiling, and keep the fan on low. This circulates the warm air around the room without creating a chilly draft.
- Update bathroom and kitchen fixtures: Replacing outdated or unattractive fixtures is a low-cost, high-impact renovation project. In bathrooms, put in new spa-style shower heads and towel bars. Add new light fixtures, sink faucets, switch plates, outlet covers, cabinet knobs and drawer handles to kitchens and baths. Choose items in colors and finishes that appeal to a wide audience. You won’t believe how changing out knobs and drawer handles can change the room!
- Power wash your Charlotte home’s exterior: Make your home look almost as good as new by power washing away the grime. Don’t forget about the driveway, walkways, garage and patio–another inexpensive way to make your home shine above the others!
Want more home-improvement ideas like these or tips on selling your Charlotte home? Subscribe to my blog. It’s easy and it’s FREE!
Charlotte North Carolina Real Estate
Debe Maxwell, CRS, Realtor®/Broker
THE MAXWELL HOUSE GROUP REAL ESTATE
1920 E. 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28204
Mobile: (704) 491-3310
Fax: (704) 353-7014