10 Important Staging Tips for Your Charlotte Home for Sale
Selling your home takes more effort than simply listing your Charlotte home for sale in MLS and placing a For Sale sign in the front yard. You simply MUST showcase your home in a way that makes it stand above the competition and be incredibly enticing to potential buyers. One of the best ways to create this enticement is to stage your home so that buyers can see themselves living in your Charlotte home for sale.
Here are 10 very important things to do when staging your Charlotte home for sale.
1. Be proactive– Go ahead and make minor repairs: Go through your home and take care of issues like stuck drawers, missing cabinet hardware, and leaky faucets. This demonstrates to your potential buyers that you meticulously care for your home–a well-maintained home sells faster and for more money than one that shows wear and tear.
2. Remove personal touches:Buyers want to picture themselves in your home, not you and your family. Remove family photos, memorabilia and collections.
3. De-clutter:Clear the bathroom and kitchen counters. Take knick-knacks off the shelves. Pack away half of the kids’ toys.
4. Organize your cabinets and closets:Because interested buyers will look in all of your cabinets and closets, take the time to neatly stack dishes and fold towels. Arrange your spices and canned goods as neatly as possible.
5. Clean as though you’re expecting company:Scrub every inch of your home. Remove cobwebs and the dust collected on your ceiling fans. Scour the grout on the bathroom floor. Replace worn rugs. Hang fresh towels. Clean out your refrigerator.
6. Freshen your yard: Remove and replace dead or dying plants. Trim hedges, rake leaves and freshen the mulch in your beds. Clean the windows, inside and out.
7. Get rid of odors: Take out the trash daily and avoid cooking with strong foods or spices. Boil and apple and some cinnamon prior to the showings or bake molasses cookies or an apple pie–make your buyers feel like they’re home!
8. Think neutral:Neutral colors sell homes. Go ahead and repaint your rooms with a neutral color, especially if your home is decorated with very personal colors or wallpaper designs.
9. Make your rooms look larger: Take extra leaves out of your dining room table. Remove the extra chairs and bookcases in your living room.
10. Rent a storage unit:Don’t stuff your garage with all those items you packed away or removed from your rooms to make them look bigger. Keep your garage looking great by moving the boxes and furniture to a storage unit; you’re going to have to pack them to move ANYWAY! Let me help you stage your Charlotte home or recommend a professional stager for a fast sale. Call me today or email me to schedule an appointment.