5 Tips to Selecting a Powerful Realtor® To Help You Buy a Home
After you’ve defined your goals pertaining to your Charlotte real estate purchase, it’s time to select a Realtor® to get you through this process. Keep in mind that you will DEFINITELY want your OWN Realtor® to represent YOU for the job. Finally, this article should clear things up for you if you need help deciding which type of real estate professional (agent, broker, Realtor®) is right for the job.
Here are five tips to help you identify the best Charlotte real estate agent to assist you in locating the home of your dreams.
- Hire a full-time Charlotte real estate agent. Part-time agents typically have less experience and fewer sold properties under their belts than full-time agents. Many part-time agents usually have another job, therefore they don’t have as much time to take care of your needs and typically have smaller networks they can enlist to accomplish your transaction.
- Find a skilled negotiator. A seasoned Charlotte real estate agent understands the psychological nature of buying a home. They advise you during the contract negotiations to ensure you get the best deal while alleviating your stress.
- Choose an agent who knows the area. Each neighborhood has different pros and cons which must be able to be identified by the agent. An effective agent knows how to compare your selected property because they know the local competition – which homes have closed recently that are similar to ones that hold your interest and how much they’ve sold for.
- Ascertain that your agent is familiar with current lending standards. At the very least, your buyers agent should have an experienced lender who has a proven track record, with whom to connect you. Lending protocol changes on nearly a weekly basis and your agent should have several lender contacts who are actively working in the business and can protect your due diligence and escrow money fees.
- Ascertain that your agent has a solid working knowledge of the NC Contracts. Most (yes, MOST) real estate agents sell 1-2 properties each year. With that being said, you should also know that our real estate contracts are ever-changing. You will alleviate much of the risk involved in lack of contractual knowledge with this, one of life’s largest purchases, by selecting an agent who is actively working with and has a thorough understanding of these documents.
Choosing a powerful Charlotte buyers agent is your first step toward a successful home purchase.
If you’d like to work with an agent who is a skilled negotiator, has a working knowledge of the legal documents and lending practices involved in the home buying process and works full time, give me a call or email me today. Let’s find that dream home for you!