Charlotte Luxury Homes – What IS Luxury?
Luxury is lifestyle, lending to an experience in life, adding to the joy of your day the perfect experience, design or ambience. Luxury is exactly what the customer/client/homeowner wants, as they are the only ones to whom it matters.
If you love window shopping for luxury homes online, we have a wide selection from $500,000 to homes in the millions of dollars with luxury appointments and highly customized features which make living ‘easy.’
Whether you’re buying, preparing to sell, living the good life in your current home or window shopping for luxury homes in Charlotte NC, here are a few of our favorite things which will add some luxury to your home:
1. Spa bathroom upgrades. Spas tend to be the new ‘favorite thing’ to upgrade. A new spa bathroom offers a clean, bright look and feel of simplistic luxury which seem to just ‘flush’ the stress right out of your system! You can enjoy the spa look, experience and and feel right at home, with only a modest investment, giving your lifestyle upgrade more bang for your buck. Features to upgrade include river rock shower and bathroom flooring, installation of man-height updated cabinetry and granite countertops or simply upgraded hardware and or fixtures. If you’re going to install new flooring or expand that bath, why not add heated flooring? And, tub upgrades can range from a vintage clawfoot tub to an eternity or an effervescent modern spa.
2. Custom, decorative painting and millwork. Whether you’re thinking of adding a mural in your child’s room or simply faux painting your dining room trey ceiling, paint is one of the least expensive, yet luxurious edits that you can make to your home. Millwork can make a home look incredibly upscale but, the cost is unbelieveably affordable. From moldings to baseboards, chair railings to wainscoating, the process is quick and painless on the purse as well but, these changes just seem to make your Charlotte luxury home simply ‘pop!’
3. Built-ins. Now, if you want that luxury lifestyle in your Charlotte home, built-ins just make your life easy on so many levels. Built-ins seems to make living life incredibly neat and organized. Optimize your space and take advantage of otherwise unusable spaces with the use of upscale storage systems, closet organizers, laundry organizers, garage grids for lawn or sports equipment, built-in desks and bookcases. Clutter elimination with custom cabinet installation or custom closets also offer luxury appeal. Customized wine rooms/cellars offer a luxury feel as well. Conversion of dead space under the stairs, is easily transformed into a wine cellar or organized storage space. Most luxury homes in Charlotte have built-in recycling/compost/trash centers but, if you don’t have that, you’ll be amazed at the low cost for this luxury addition.
4. Dedicated rooms and spaces for your lifestyle. Luxury for you may consist of a dedicated space for everything in your life. Your theater room, gardening shed, craft room or even the kids’ homework space offers luxury, especially if it’s equipped with the right tools and built-ins for the activity to which the room, or even corner of a room, is dedicated.
5. Automation. Is having a fully automated, robotic home that does all the work for you, your idea of luxury? If so injecting anything from small touches of automation including lighting, blinds, irrigation, music and even your microwave and oven, can give your home a luxurious high-tech feel.
©Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group Real Estate | SavvyBroker@me.com | Charlotte Luxury Homes – What IS Luxury?