A Green Spring – Charlotte Homeowner Tips
It’s spring cleaning time — and time for all things growing and green. Speaking of ‘green,’ how green is your house? Upgrading some of your home’s features to be more environmentally friendly can improve your home’s value and save you some ‘green’ in the long run, too.
Green updating may cost a little more up-front but, they are worth it in the long run – both environmentally and in utility bill savings.
Here are a few green updates you can make to your home:
• Install ENERGY STAR® appliances
• Install solar panels
• Get a geothermal water heater
• Install energy efficient windows & doors
• Install plumbing that reduces water usage
• Use a programable, smart thermostat
• Use lightbulbs that are energy efficient (LED and CFL are the best)
• Don’t crank the air conditioner unless you really have to—use ceiling fans
*Note: Some of these improvements may qualify you for tax breaks.
Thinking of listing your Charlotte area home? Let’s talk! Call or text Debe @ (704) 491-3310.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | A Green Spring – Charlotte Homeowner Tips