Seven Tips for a Painless Closing on Your Charlotte Real Estate
With many of our buyers in Escrow now, we thought it time to give some timely tips that will help facilitate a smooth Closing. The real estate Closing is the final step in completing your Charlotte real estate transaction. The Closing date is set during the negotiation phase and is usually several weeks after the Offer is formally accepted. During the Closing, the buyer and seller complete the purchase Contract and ownership of the property is transferred to the buyer following recordation of the Deed.
Before the Closing can occur, all terms of the purchase contract must be met. As you can imagine, problems can come up which delay the Closing.
Here are seven tips to ensure a smooth and problem-free Closing on your Charlotte real estate:
- Communicate: Talk with all parties involved in the deal, from your agent to your lender, and discuss what to expect. Get in touch with each of them to make sure they have everything they need from you for a hassle-free Closing.
- Do a final walk-through: Before you Close, it’s imperative that you do a final walk-through to check that all repairs agreed upon were actually done. You also want to ensure that everything is in the state that you expect it to be in.
- Check for errors in your paperwork: As our state system requires more and more documents for Closing a real estate transaction, there could easily be missing documents, typos and mistakes in that paperwork. Before the day of Closing, review all documents thoroughly to catch and remedy any mistakes.
- Make sure the money is where it needs to be: Talk with your lender to be sure that you will have the money you need, in the right form, at Closing. If you are not getting the answers you need from your lender, your real estate agent can get them quickly for you.
- Ask your agent to attend the Closing: You want your trusted real estate agent there to help answer any questions that you may have and guide you through the Closing process.
- Expect the unexpected: Oh, yes! These ‘unexpected’ hurdles occur in many real estate Closings in Charlotte–this is not uncommon! Read all of your documents before signing them. Any corrections will have to be made before the Closing can continue. Do not feel bad asking for corrections to be made.
- Plan to take the day of Closing off: You do not want to be late to the Closing or be worried about having to go back to work. Spend the rest of the day celebrating!
If you’re ready to work with a professional Charlotte real estate agent who will guide you step-by-step through the home-buying process, please contact me. You can reach me at (704) 491-3310 or [email protected]