4 Ways to De-clutter Your Charlotte Home Without Having a Garage Sale
You know that you’re not a hoarder but, you definitely need to get rid of items that clutter your soon-to-be Charlotte home for sale. If the thought of having a garage sale makes you run in the other direction, never fear! Here are four websites that will help you de-clutter unwanted items, without having a garage sale or throwing anything in the trash.
- Craigslist: No matter what you think of Craigslist, it works for getting rid of unwanted items. Just be sure to stay safe by having a friend or family member with you at your Charlotte home when someone comes to pick up the items. Here are a few more tips to help move your stuff fast using Craigslist:
- Include a photo. Buyers want to know what the item looks like.
- Add as much detail as possible. Include dimensions and sizes and be honest about wear and tear.
- Freecycle: Post things you want to give away. Even broken items such as TVs, lawnmowers, tools and bikes are happily taken. Be sure a friend or family member is home with you when people pick up their items.
- Donate Games: They sell used games, including board games and video games. The money raised is used to fund medical research for children with rare diseases.
- Sports Gift: Whether it’s a tennis racket you no longer use or a baseball uniform you’ve outgrown, Sports Gift will help your discarded sports gear find its way to needy children in the USA and abroad. All you have to do is box them up and pay to ship them.
If you’re thinking of selling your Charlotte home, let’s talk! As with everything in life, preparation is key and my job is to equip you with everything you’ll need to get you, as seamlessly as possible, through the home-selling process. Call or text (704) 491-3310 and let’s get started!