Clean Up for Your Charlotte Home’s Exterior in Preparation for SELLING
Preparing to Sell Your Charlotte Home? It’s Time to Take Care of the Exterior!
Need to spruce up the curb appeal of your Charlotte home for sale? No matter what style of home you’re trying to sell, you’ll never get buyers through the door if their first impression makes them drive right past! Whether it’s those dead pansies still adorning your front porch, the extended family of yard gnomes or simply some bushes gone wild, anything detracting from your property’s curb appeal will automatically make buyers view the rest of your house in a negative light.
Here are 5 tips to improve the curb appeal of your Charlotte home for sale:
- Clean things up – Make sure your yard is mowed, leaves are raked and the kids’ toys are put away. You might have learned to overlook the mess and clutter that comes with a busy and active family but, don’t expect your buyers to do
- Stage outside – This means that you need to de-clutter, depersonalize and put your flock of pink flamingos into hibernation. Also, you’ll need to remove dead flowers and store personal accessories like deer statues out of sight.
- Update your front door – You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on a new storm door, but a new brushed nickel door handle and a little paint will go a long way towards making your house appear fresh and up to date.
- Hit the lights – Even during the daytime, turn on your exterior lights. It will make your house look bright and cheery, especially if it’s raining.
- Address all of those little projects – Touch up exterior paint, fix bits of broken trim, put in the new mailbox and repair that loose shutter.
If you’ve completed all these tips, then there are always more ways to give your property a facelift this weekend. Give me a call or shoot me a text at (704) 491-3310 or you can email me at DebeM@remax.net if you need help making an outdoor to-do list for your Charlotte home for sale. I’m happy to help!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | Clean Up for Your Charlotte Home’s Exterior in Preparation for SELLING