Think Like a Charlotte Real Estate Agent
Before putting your Charlotte home on the market, you will want to make certain that your home is in tip-top condition to ensure a quick sale. The key to listing your home is a competitive price and ascertaining you have what buyers are looking for. The trick to that is to think like a Charlotte real estate agent.
To prepare your home to sell, here are five easy and inexpensive home improvements this Charlotte REALTOR® recommends:
- Layout – Take an objective look at your home and stage your home accordingly. Remove clutter and rearrange furniture so that potential buyers can envision each room’s purpose. Also, store any large or obtrusive furniture that disrupts walking flow or makes rooms look smaller.
- Charm – Play up the unique features of your home. Refinish hardwood floors if they’re scuffed, remove excess objects from built-in bookshelves and clean unique light fixtures. It’s these irreplaceable elements that make your home stand out from other homes and hook buyers.
- Hardware – Update all of your hardware. Changing out door handles, drawer pulls and light fixtures is an easy way to modernize your home while spending very little money.
- Scent – Eliminate all bad odors like pet smells, stale cooking odors and cigarette smoke. Just lighting candles or spraying air freshener won’t work. Clean, deodorize and get rid of rugs or other cloth objects that still smell bad.
- Curb Appeal – Spend some time sprucing up the yard. Keep in mind that the exterior is the first impression buyers will have, and although the interior may be in mint condition, a lot-of-work lawn could instill a negative notion before your prospective buyers even step foot inside your home.
Buyers’ needs vary in every market. However, buyers will always consider these five features before they buy. So, stay one step ahead of the game and ensure your house is up to par with buyers’ expectations.
If you’re getting ready to sell your home and are looking for a Charlotte real estate agent who can help you sell your home fast and for top-dollar, I’d be honored to be interviewed for the job. Give me a call today or email me to schedule an appointment.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com |Preparing to Sell Your Charlotte Home? Then, Think Like A Real Estate Agent!