Top 10 Local Memorial Day Events (Charlotte, NC)
As always, Charlotte has access to so many great amenities, from our area Lakes to Carrowinds, from the White Water Center to a multitude of local food and drink destinations. We hope you’ll find something to fit your budget or social calendar for Memorial Day weekend.
Here are 10 things we recommend checking out over Memorial Day Weekend in Charlotte:
Saturday May 27
- Tour De Fat (4pm-9pm) A host of musicians, circus performers, vaudeville acts, magicians, comedians and more. Costumes are strongly encouraged! Tour de Fat Charlotte benefits Bike Walk NC.
- Thinking of spending some time at the lake this weekend? There are plenty of public access points all around the Charlotte Metro region:
Ramsey Creek Park (Lake Norman, Cornelius)
Lake Norman State Park (Troutman)
Ebenezer Park (Lake Wylie)
- The U.S. National White Water Center will be celebrating Memorial Day celebration with trail races, yoga and film screenings with the grand fireworks show on Sunday.
- The NoDa Company Store is hosting a Memorial Day Luau and Pool Party on Saturday and Sunday. There will be a pool, drinks and games.
- The Charlotte Knights are playing a series of home games during the Memorial Day weekend. Catch them in action and enjoy the fireworks display on Friday and Sunday, as well as promos throughout the week.
- NASCAR Speed Street: With Saturday headliners like Jake Owen and Billy Currington, you definitely don’t want to miss this pre-race day party! There will be lots of activities and access to some of NASCAR’s favorite drivers.
Sunday May 28
- Military Days at Carowinds starts Sunday and goes through Memorial Day. Active, inactive and retired United States service men and women can have free access to the park during the Military Days.
Monday May 29 (Memorial Day)
- The annual Patriot Festival “Go the Extra Mile” 5k run is on Memorial Day. Participants register for a traditional 5k run, and run an additional mile in honor of military members.
- Annual Memorial Day Coca-Cola 600 at 6PM – A Charlotte Memorial Day tradition. Celebrate with a performance by Lynard Skynard and a salute to our military heroes.
- Memorial Day Ceremony in Huntersville -10:30AM to 12PM, join the Town of Huntersville at Veterans Park, 201 Huntersville-Concord Road, Huntersville, for the ribbon-cutting for this park, followed by the annual ceremony to honor our fallen troops.
While you’re celebrating our freedoms, remember to honor the legacy of those who served and paid the ultimate price for them.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Top 10 Local Memorial Day Events (Charlotte, NC)