Things to do in Charlotte Year-Round
One of the things I loved about raising my children in Charlotte were the number of things to do with my kids, who love adventure. As my children have grown, I still do have clients with little ones who also seek adventure and Charlotte remains chock-full of incredible things to do…and not just adventuresome activities!
- NASCAR Hall of Fame – As Charlotte is the center of NASCAR, we landed the Hall of Fame in 2010. After a few lean years (recovering from The Great Recession), this well-known Charlotte venue has become an ever-evolving shrine to Charlotte’s history – all under one roof in Uptown.
This high-tech venue, not only entertains but, educates with a multitude of artifacts, a state-of-the-art theatre, Honor Hall and hands-on-exhibits that are always fan favorites. *Kids LOVE the race simulator (additional charge but, worth it).
- U.S. National Whitewater Center – Talk about thrill-seeking adventures in the great outdoors! Oh, there’s so much to do here – and not just water activities. Besides whitewater rafting, there are ziplines, mountain biking, yoga classes, trail running and hiking, flatware kayaking as well as SUP, rope climbing, adventure courses & jumps). It’s a wonderful place to visit any time of the year.
- Discovery Place Science – Build a lifelong passion for learning at Discovery Place in Uptown Charlotte. Explore technology, science & nature with hands-on labs, their signature ‘Thinker Space,’ labs, an urban rain forest, aquariums, live animal exhibits, the iMAX theatre (the Carolinas’ largest iMAX Dome Theatre). *Also visit Discovery Place Nature, formerly known as Charlotte Nature Museum, a part of the Discovery Place network, located in Freedom Park.
- Sea Life Charlotte-Concord – See creatures you’ve never seen before, watch thousands of tropical fish, sharks, sea turtles & more as they gracefully glide in North Carolina’s only underwater ocean tunnel. Discover a wide array of sea creatures up close in the aquariums and go behind the scenes to see how the thousands of majestic residents (sea creatures) are cared for. Located on the Concord Mills Mall campus.
- The Great Wolf Lodge – Last but, not least, this fan favorite is one you won’t want to miss! Whether it’s a weekend visit, a weekend stay or a long vacation, there is SO much do to at one of the area’s top resorts. From thrill seekers to fitness lovers, magic intrigue, the water park, themed suites and family dining – the Great Wolf Lodge is a wonderful place for all ages!
Want more ideas? I am happy to guide you in the direction of many more fun things to do in Charlotte. Call me @ (704) 491-3310.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Things to do in Charlotte Year-Round (2021 Edition)