What’s Happening on New Year’s Eve 2017 in Charlotte?
How will you be ringing in the New Year?
Well, we ‘went to town’ to find everything that we could to share with you the best of the best, the old favorites and even the budget-friendly New Year’s Eve festivities for you to choose from! Links are also included for each one to obtain further information so that you and yours will be well-prepared for this one and only New Year’s Eve, 2017!
Ring in the 2018 New Year with some fabulous options in and around the Charlotte Metro region:
- 5Church – New Year’s Eve four-course dinner, champagne, post-dinner dancing with a live DJ and festive party favors. A portion of proceeds will benefit Levine Children’s Hospital. Price: $75-$120 depending on reservation time (see below). 127 N. Tryon ST (on the back side of the Ivey’s building).
- Abari Game Bar – Charlotte’s first arcade bar is holding a free New Year’s Eve ‘Coin Jam.’ Pinball & Killer Queen will be free all day. You do need a membership, which is $1 a year (pretty sweet deal if you’re into arcades!). It starts at 12 p.m. and kids are welcome with their parents until 5 p.m. After that it’s age 21+. Free champagne toast at midnight. 1721 North Davidson ST.
- All American Pub – New Year’s Eve Carnivale. General admission includes coat check, beer, liquor, wine, midnight champagne toast, balloon drop, party favors and photo area. Designated Driver to VIP packages available. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31, 9 p.m. All American Pub, 200 E. Bland St. 704-370-2000. www.allamericanpubclt.com.
- Bar at 316 – New Year’s Eve party (season 7). Ticket includes:. VIP access, NYE prizes, a champagne toast and party favors and more. Contact email@example.com for more details. The Bar at 316, 316 Rensselaer AVE. 704-910-1478. www.thebarat316.com.
- Barreled at The Lift Speakeasy – Inhibition Prohibition New Year’s Eve Affair. Music from DJ’s Amalgam & Nurotik, starts at 9 p.m. 21 and up. Be sure to don your 1920’s garb and zoot suit! For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-626-8850. For more information, visit their event page. Dec. 31. Barreled at the Lift Speakeasy, 1600 E. Woodlawn Road. 704-626-8850. www.barreledcharlotte.com.
- Big Ben British Restaurant and Pub – Celebrate the U.K. New Year and then the local one. Party starts at 5:30 p.m. Live music with Chuck Johnson Duo “Crazy Horse” & Piper Dave McKenzie. Free.
- Blackfinn – Blackfinn’s New Year’s Eve party includes a champagne toast at midnight, giveaways and party favors. General admission or table reservations only (VIP packages SOLD OUT in Uptown but, there are still some available in Ballantyne at this writing), 21 and up. Standard dress code applies. Ticket does not guarantee admission after 11 p.m. Dec. 31. BlackFinn Restaurant & Saloon, 210 E. Trade St., Suite B-120. 704-971-4440. UPTOWN. or 14825 Ballantyne Village Way, Suite 100, 28277 (704) 900-6095. BALLANTYNE
- Bubble – New Year’s Dinner – $125/couple for a three-course, price-fixed menu, which includes a glass of champagne and admission into the late night party. Dec. 31. Bubble, 210 E Trade ST. 704-733-9427. www.bubblecharlotte.com.
- Corkbuzz – Corkbuzz Wine Studio and Chef Allen Evans is hosting a special five-course dinner on New Year’s Eve. The cost is $75 per person, with optional wine pairing for an additional $75 per person. After dinner there will be half-priced bottles of champagne (not including sparkling). To make reservations, call 704-625-1328. A non-refundable deposit of $25 is required. For more information, EVENT INFORMATION. Dec. 31. Corkbuzz, 4905 Ashley Park Lane, Suite J. 704-625-1328. www.charlotte.corkbuzz.com.
- Cowbell Burger & Whiskey Bar – Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. There’s also a menu with tasty gourmet burgers and whiskey concoctions. Dec. 31. Cowbell Burger & Whiskey Bar, 201 N Tryon ST. www.eatmorecowbell.com.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden – New Year’s Eve Sparkle and Glow party – a family-friendly event featuring New Year’s Eve traditions from around the world. Enjoy the offerings of Holidays at the Garden (lights, decorations and other special treats), in addition to family activities, live accordion music, and a biodegradable luminary release at the end of the night for wishes in the New Year. Champagne tasting (five, half-glass pours) for an additional $20 per guest. Children‘s activities are included with admission. For more information, visit www.dsbg.org/event/sparkle-glow-new-years-eve/. Dec. 31, 5-9 p.m. Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, 6500 S. New Hope RD, Belmont. 704-825-4490. www.dsbg.org.
- Fitzgeralds – Fitzgerald’s New Year’s Eve all-inclusive private party package includes top-shelf liquor, beer, wine and champagne. There will also be a breakfast buffet, live music by Avery Deakins & Gavin Glover, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. For more information or to make table reservations, email email@example.com. $65 and up. Dec. 31, 9 p.m. Fitzgerald’s Irish Pub, 201 E 5th St. 704-370-0687. www.fitzgeraldscharlotte.com.
- Flying Saucer – The Flying Saucer’s New Years Eve party will a ‘badass line-up’ and a champagne toast. $10 cover. Dec. 31. Flying Saucer, 9605 N. Tryon ST.
- Galway Hooker – Hosting an all-inclusive New Year’s Eve Bash with drinks (beer, wine, liquor), a heavy hors d’oeuvres buffet, live music (The Audiofiles in the pub and a DJ spinning top 40 upstairs), party decor and party favors. VIP packages available. For more information, visit www.galwayhookerpub.com/content.php?pid=54. Thurs., Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Galway Hooker, 17044 Kenton DR, Cornelius. 704-895-1782. www.galwayhookerpub.com.
- Harvey B. Gantt Center – New Year’s Eve Extravaganza. The bar will be in full swing and music will be provided by DJ Shaun NYCE + DJ Cuttz + DJ Shogun. VIP packages and tables with bottle service are available from $60 to $2,500. For more information, visit https://nyepuredecadence.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture, 551 South Tryon ST 704-547-3700. www.ganttcenter.org.
- Heritage Food & Drink – *Note: Heritage Food & Drink, formerly located in Waxhaw, will be moving early 2018 to the space previously occupied by Crisp at 7th & Pecan in Elizabeth. There will be no NYE celebration this year but, stay tuned for more information on this exciting new restaurant coming to Elizabeth. (704) 843-5236.
- Howl at the Moon – New Year’s Eve general admission starts at $115 per person and includes guaranteed entry (and a no line, no wait), buffet, drink package from 7PM – 11PM, a champagne toast at midnight and party favors. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Howl At The Moon, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-936-4695. www.howlatthemoon.com.
- Killington’s – New Year’s Eve dinner will have several courses. For reservations, call 704-948-3770. Dec. 31. Killingtons Restaurant & Pub, 10010 Rose Commons DR, Huntersville. 704-948-3770. www.killingtons.com.
- Lenny Boy Brewing – New Year’s Eve dance party at this popular South End location – check out the new craft beers & kombuchas on NYE. A Bao Time Food Truck will be there. 3000 South Tyron ST.
Leroy Fox – New Year’s Eve In The Big Easy party will feature a three-course cajun style meal with a wide selection of New Orleans themed cocktails and a complimentary glass of champagne at midnight. For tickets, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Leroy Fox, 705 S. Sharon Amity Road. 704-366-3232. www.leroyfox.com.
- Montford (Southside) – New Year’s Eve Fire & Ice party. VIP tables and seating packages available. Dec. 31. For more information, visit www.rockhouseevents.com/events.
- Neighborhood Theatre – New Year’s Eve Countdown with the Bands at Neighborhood Theatre will be featuring live music from Radio Lola, Party Battleship, The Penitentials & The Menders. Doors open at 8PM, Dec. 31. Neighborhood Theatre, 511 E. 36th ST. 704-942-7997. www.neighborhoodtheatre.com.
- Northlake Mall – Hosting an early New Year’s Eve party for kids the morning of December 31. It includes live music, games, crafts and a noon-time balloon drop. Free.
- Petra’s – Celebrate New Year’s Eve with music from DJ Phillip Williams in the main room & DJ Deadnalive in the courtyard. NO COVER. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Petra’s, 1919 Commonwealth Ave. 704-332-6608. www.petrasbar.com.
- Queens Landing – New Years Eve Party at Pier 150 with Earl Dawkins and The Entertainers. Sammy O’Banion from 7:30 – 8:30PM. Dinner served from 9PM – 10:30PM and a broadcasting on the ball drop at midnight. There will be shrimp & grits and more. VIP tickets will get a meet and greet cruise and have reserve seating. $65-$100. Dec. 31, 7 PM Queens Landing, 1459 River Highway, Mooresville. 704-663-2628. www.queenslanding.com.
- Romare Bearden Park – Charlotte’s official New Year’s Eve celebration takes place at Romare Bearden Park. Free and family-friendly, with fireworks at midnight. 8PM – 12:15AM 300 South Church ST
- Rooftop 210 – New Year’s Eve Under the Stars Party – Covered & heated for dancing and DJs will be spinning music all night. Tickets are all-inclusive and include a food buffet and passed apps to be served early in the evening and bars that will be serving drinks all night. 21 and up. For more information, visit rooftop210.com. Dec. 31, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Rooftop 210, 210 E. Trade ST., Suite 230B.
- Roxbury – 15th annual New Year’s Eve at Roxbury, an ’80s and ’90s nightclub, includes party favors, champagne toast at midnight – 2 levels, 4 bars, retro archade, multiple dance floors and fabulous patio. Table reservations available. $20 before Dec. 22; $25 after. Dec. 31. Roxbury Nightclub, 115 W. 5th ST. 704-375-8090. www.roxburynightclub.com.
- Snug Harbor – New Year’s Eve music by Miami Dice, The Business People & DJ Chaka Wolf Fever. Starts at 6PM. 1228 Gordon ST.
- Strike City – New Year’s Eve (Feast!) at Strike City – revel in a night of debaucherous fun! Lane reservations for up to 6 people, private rooms and general admission tickets available. 21 and up. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Strike City, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-716-9300. www.strikecitycharlotte.com.
- Suite – New Year’s Eve party will feature DJ NOVA (from Las Vegas) and a champagne toast at midnight. Dress code is strictly enforced. 21 and up for VIP reservations, email VIP@suitecharlotte.com. Dec. 31. Suite, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-971-7878. www.suitecharlotte.com.
- Sugar Creek Brewing – New Years & Bears XV Release – starts at 7 p.m. Special beer releases. 215 Southside DR.
- Sycamore Brewing – Brew Year’s Eve party will feature TIN Kitchen, special beer releases, a large heated tent, bottles of champagne and more. No dress code. Dec. 31, 7 p.m. Sycamore Brewing, 2161 Hawkins ST. www.sycamorebrew.com.
- The Asbury – Three- or five-course menu with pairings and a sparkling toast to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Reservations required. Price: $65 – $85 per person. 235 N. Tryon ST.
- The Fillmore – New Year’s Eve party, presents JJ Grey & Mofro with Tyler Childers. All ages are welcome. Parking is $5. 8PM, Dec. 31. The Fillmore, 1000 N.C. Music Factory Blvd. 704-549-5555. www.fillmorecharlottenc.com/.
- The Milestone – New Year’s Eve Noir: A Dark Formal Ball featuring DJ Spider & DJ Price. Dec. 31. Milestone, 3400 Tuckaseegee RD. 704-398-4072. www.themilestoneclub.com.
- The Ritz This is a semi-formal affair with VIP complimentary hors d’œuvres served butler-style $105 – $110. For tickets and VIP info, visit www.kingentevents.com or call 704-336-9139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on tickets, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31, 9 p.m. The Ritz-Carlton, 201 E. Trade ST. www.ritzcarlton.com.
- The Westin – New Year’s Eve Celebration at SoCo Bar. For more information, visit www.WestinCharlotteHotel.com. Dec. 31. The Westin Charlotte, 601 S. College ST.
- Tilt on Trade – Celebrate New Year’s Eve – $60 all-inclusive party package, including party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. For questions or more information on group sales, email email@example.com. 21 and up. Dec. 31. Tilt on Trade, 127 W. Trade ST. http://tiltontrade.com/.
- Ultra at Oak Room – New Year’s Eve Carnivale with a variety of packages and features, $80 – $115. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. The Oak Room, 200 E. Bland ST. 704-975-4472. www.oakroomclt.com.
- VBGB – New Years Eve Bash is an all-inclusive party with a buffet (served 10PM – 1AM), music from DJ Bman and special brews. There’s also a heated tent. $70 – $80 per person. Dec. 31. VBGB Beer Hall & Garden, 920 Hamilton ST. 704-333-4111. www.vbgbuptown.com.
- Vibrations – Black & Gold New Year’s Eve party hosted by Rae Styles with Old School 105.3. Featuring a broadcast of the Time Square countdown, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. VIP seating and reserved tables available. For more information, visit Vibrations Events. Dec. 31. Vibrations, 5237 Albemarle RD. 704-537-3323. www.vibrationsclub.com.
- Whisky River – Celebrate New Year’s Eve – Back to the 90s, a broadcast of the ball drop, free mechanical bull rides, a champagne toast at midnight and a double balloon drop. Limited VIP packages available. For VIP registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org. 21 and up. Thurs., Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Whisky River, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-749-1097. www.thewhiskyriver.com. Text Autumn at (704) 245-6083 or email Events@WhiskyRiverCharlotte.com.
- Whiskey Warehouse – There’s no cover for the party at Plaza Midwood’s Whiskey Warehouse. Live music, giveaways and free champagne toast at midnight.
Happy New Year from The Maxwell House Group! If you or any of your friends or family need us in the coming year, we’d love to hear from you! Call or text (704) 491-3310 or email DebeM@REMAX.net.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | What’s Happening on New Year’s Eve 2017 in Charlotte?