How will you be ringing in the New Year?
Well, we ‘went to town’ to find everything that we could to share with you the best of the best, the old favorites and even the budget-friendly New Year’s Eve festivities for you to choose from! Links are also included for each one to obtain further information so that you and yours will be well-prepared for this one and only New Year’s Eve, 2018!
Ring in the 2019 New Year with some fabulous options in and around the Charlotte Metro region:
- 5Church – New Year’s Evefour-course dinner, champagne, post-dinner dancing with an open bar and live DJ. A portion of proceeds will be donated to Levine Children’s Hospital. Price: $75-$120 depending on reservation time (see below). 127 N. Tryon ST (on the back side of the Ivey’s building).
- Abari Game Bar – Charlotte’s first arcade bar is holding their third annual New Year’s Eve ‘Coin Jam 3.’ It begins at 12 p.m. and kids are welcome with their parents until 5 p.m. After that it’s age 21+. Free champagne toast at midnight. 1721 North Davidson ST.
- All American Pub – New Year’s Eve Cirque du Southend (NYE). Held at Southend Station, this event is sure to be an exciting one. Dec. 31, 2018, 9PM at Slate Charlotte, 200 E. Bland St. 704-370-2000.
- Barreled at The Lift Speakeasy – Casablanca Ball, a New Year’s Eve Affair. Music by Tobi Nurotik, starts at 9 p.m. 21 and up. Be sure to don your 1920’s garb and zoot suit! For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-626-8850. For more information, visit their event page. Dec. 31. Barreled at the Lift Speakeasy, 1600 E. Woodlawn Road. 704-626-8850.
- Big Ben British Restaurant and Pub – Celebrate the U.K. New Year at 7PM and then the local celebration at midnight. Party starts at 5:30 p.m. Live music & drink specials.
- Blackfinn – Blackfinn’s New Year’s Eve party includes a champagne toast at midnight, giveaways and party favors. General admission or table reservations only (VIP packages SOLD OUT in Uptown but, there are still some available in Ballantyne at this writing), 21 and up. BlackFinn Restaurant & Saloon, 210 E. Trade St., Suite B-120. 704-971-4440. UPTOWN. or 14825 Ballantyne Village Way, Suite 100, 28277 (704) 900-6095. BALLANTYNE
- Corkbuzz – Corkbuzz Wine Studio and Chef Allen Evans is hosting a special three-course dinner on New Year’s Eve. The cost is $70 per person, with optional wine pairing at $125 per person. To make reservations, call 704-625-1328. A non-refundable deposit of $25 is required. For more information, EVENT INFORMATION. Dec. 31. Corkbuzz, 4905 Ashley Park Lane, Suite J. 704-625-1328.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden – New Year’s Eve Sparkle and Glow party – a family-friendly event featuring New Year’s Eve traditions from around the world. Enjoy the offerings of Holidays at the Garden (lights, decorations and other special treats), in addition to family activities from around the world, live music, beverages and more. For more information, visit www.dsbg.org/event/sparkle-glow-new-years-eve/. Dec. 31, 5-9 p.m. Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, 6500 S. New Hope RD, Belmont. 704-825-4490. www.dsbg.org.
- Flying Saucer – The Flying Saucer’s Brew Years Eve party will a ‘badass line-up’ and a champagne toast. All drafts $3 (all day & night) & live music with DJ Shy. Flying Saucer, 9605 N. Tryon ST.
- Galway Hooker – Hosting an all-inclusive New Year’s Eve Bash with drinks (beer, wine, liquor), a heavy hors d’oeuvres buffet, live music (The Audiofiles in the pub and the legendary DJ Bob spinning hits upstairs), party decor and party favors. VIP packages available. For more information, visit www.galwayhookerpub.com/content.php?pid=54. Thurs., Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Galway Hooker, 17044 Kenton DR, Cornelius. 704-895-1782. www.galwayhookerpub.com.
- Howl at the Moon – New Year’s Eve general admission starts at $115 per person and includes guaranteed entry (and a no line, no wait), buffet, drink package from 7PM – 11PM, a champagne toast at midnight and party favors. Dec. 31, 8PM (Must arrive by 10PM). Howl At The Moon, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-936-4695 www.howlatthemoon.com.
- Ink n Ivy – All inclusive, Shaken, Not Stirred NY Eve event is sure to be THE place to create great memories as you ring in the New Year, 2018! Dress to kill and enjoy the exclusive martini bar and dance the night away. Two dance floors – one DJ, one the Mic Larry Band. Tickets $80 – $110 per person. 222 S. Church ST.
- Killington’s – New Year’s Eve dinner will have several options for the menu. For reservations, call 704-948-3770. Dec. 31. Killingtons Restaurant & Pub, 940 Market ST, Fort Mill, SC. www.killingtons.com.
- Lenny Boy Brewing – New Year’s Eve dance party at this popular South End location – check out the new craft beers & kombuchas on NYE. Live music with Aarodynamics, champagne bar and more! 3000 South Tyron ST.
- Petra’s – Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a multitude of music in the main room & in the courtyard. NO COVER. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Petra’s, 1919 Commonwealth Ave. 704-332-6608. www.petrasbar.com.
- Queens Landing – New Years Eve Party at Pier 150 – New Year’s Eve, Vegas Style with the Petty Hearts from 7:30 – 8:30PM. Dinner served from 9PM – 10:30PM and The Petty Hearts will perform at Pier 150 at 10PM. VIP tickets will get a meet and greet cruise and have reserve seating. $100 – $150. Dec. 31, 7 PM Queens Landing, 1459 River Highway, Mooresville. 704-663-2628. www.queenslanding.com.
- *Romare Bearden Park – Charlotte’s official New Year’s Eve celebration takes place at Romare Bearden Park. Free and family-friendly, local food trucks and music by Sol Fusion with the lighting of the Queen City Crown and fireworks at midnight. 8PM – 12:15AM 300 South Church ST
- Rooftop 210 – New Year’s Eve Under the Stars Party – Covered & heated for dancing and DJs will be spinning music all night. Tickets are all-inclusive and include a food buffet and passed apps to be served early in the evening and bars that will be serving drinks all night (some drinks are included). 21 and up. For more information, visit rooftop210.com. Dec. 31, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Rooftop 210, 210 E. Trade ST., Suite 230B.
- Roxbury – 16th annual New Year’s Eve at Roxbury, an ’80s and ’90s nightclub, includes party favors, champagne toast at midnight – 2 levels, 4 bars, retro archade, multiple dance floors and fabulous patio. Table reservations available. $25. Dec. 31. Roxbury Nightclub, 115 W. 5th ST. 704-375-8090. www.roxburynightclub.com.
- Strike City – New Year’s Eve (Feast!) at Strike City – revel in a night of debaucherous fun! Lane reservations for up to 6 people, private rooms and general admission tickets available. 21 and up. For more information, visit their online invitation page. Dec. 31. Strike City, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-716-9300. www.strikecitycharlotte.com.
- Suite – New Year’s Eve party will feature DJ NOVA, right out of Vegas and a champagne toast at midnight. Dress code is strictly enforced. 21 and up for VIP reservations, email VIP@suitecharlotte.com. Dec. 31. Suite, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-971-7878. www.suitecharlotte.com.
- Sycamore Brewing – Brew Year’s Eve party, a laid back New Year’s Eve party. No dress code. Dec. 31, 7 p.m. Sycamore Brewing, 2161 Hawkins ST. www.sycamorebrew.com.
- The Asbury – Four-course feast for New Year’s Eve at the popular Dunhill Hotel. Enjoy pairings and a sparkling toast to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Reservations required. Price: $65 per person. 235 N. Tryon ST.
- The Dinner Detective – Fun and fabulous SouthPark New Year’s Eve Murder Mystery Dinner Show that we are confident will be a hit this year! Ring in the New Year at 6300 Morrison Blvd. Tickets are $74.95.
- The Fillmore – Chew Year’s Eve party, hosted by Chewy. Must be 21+ with valid ID. Tickets $15. 9PM, Dec. 31. The Fillmore Underground 820 Hamilton ST. 704-549-5555. www.fillmorecharlottenc.com/.
- The Milestone – New Year’s Eve Affair featuring a variety of music. Price $5 – $10. Dec. 31. Milestone, 3400 Tuckaseegee RD. 704-398-4072. www.themilestoneclub.com.
- The Ritz This is a semi-formal affair with VIP complimentary hors d’œuvres served butler-style $30-$140. For tickets and VIP info, visit www.eventbrite.com or call 704-336-9139. Dec. 31, 9PM. The Ritz-Carlton, 201 E. Trade ST. www.ritzcarlton.com.
- Tilt on Trade – Celebrate New Year’s Eve – $60 all-inclusive party package, including party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. For questions or more information on group sales, email email@example.com. 21 and up. Dec. 31. Tilt on Trade, 127 W. Trade ST. http://tiltontrade.com/.
- Ultra at Oak Room – New Year’s Eve Cirque du SouthEnd (Teaming up with Slate) with a variety of packages and features, $80 – $90. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. The Oak Room, 200 E. Bland ST. 704-975-4472. www.oakroomclt.com.
- VBGB – New Years Eve Bash is an all-inclusive party with a buffet (served 10PM – 1AM), music from DJ Overcash and special brews. There’s also a heated tent. $75 per person. Dec. 31. VBGB Beer Hall & Garden, 920 Hamilton ST. 704-333-4111. www.vbgbuptown.com.
- Vibrations – Black & Gold New Year’s Eve party hosted by Rae Styles with Old School 105.3. Featuring Uptown Swagga. VIP seating and reserved tables available. For more information, visit Vibrations Events. Dec. 31. Vibrations, 5237 Albemarle RD. 704-537-3323. www.vibrationsclub.com.
- Whisky River – Celebrate New Year’s Eve – Masquerade ball style, a photo booth, champagne toast at midnight and a double balloon drop. Limited VIP packages available. For VIP registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org. 21 and up. Dec. 31, 8PM with VIP entry at 7PM. Whisky River, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-749-1097. www.thewhiskyriver.com. Email Events@WhiskyRiverCharlotte.com.
- Whiskey Warehouse – This year’s whiskey soiree will feature live music by the Jon Linker Band 8PM – 11PM with a DJ taking you through to ring in the New Year at Plaza Midwood’s Whiskey Warehouse. Giveaways and free champagne toast at midnight and balloon drop.
Happy New Year from The Maxwell House Group! If you or any of your friends or family need us in the coming year, we’d love to hear from you! Call or text (704) 491-3310 or email DebeM@REMAX.net.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | What’s Happening on New Year’s Eve 2018 in Charlotte?O