5 Great Reasons to List Your Charlotte Home During the Holidays
Every year, about this time, at least one of my sellers will ask, “Should we wait until after the holidays to list our home?” Some even ask, “Should we take our home off of the market for the holidays and put it back on the market on January 1?”
My answer is always – you can list now with less competition than in the spring and know that the buyers who come through your home during the month of December are SERIOUS buyers!
Here are five great reasons to list during the holidays:
- Relocation buyers are out there shopping and they are very serious buyers. Many companies restructure during the month of November and insist that their new employees be in their destination cities/offices by the end of the year.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You remain in control of your showing times.
- Homes actually show better when decorated for the holidays – just don’t over-do it!
- As I mentioned above, there is minimal competition for you as a seller right now because all home sellers think exactly as you asked – “Perhaps we should wait.” Inventory of homes for sale traditionally slows during the late fall, early winter months.Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year; as you can see those October, November, December & January months have the least amount of competition on the market.
5. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. As well, new construction will continue to surge which can very well lessen the demand for your house in 2019.
While waiting seems like a good thing to do, it really doesn’t make sense to do so.
Thinking of selling your Charlotte home? Let’s talk! Call or text (704) 491-3310 and let’s wrap up your home sale during the month of December!
c© Debe Maxwell | RE/MAX Executive | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | 5 Great Reasons to List Your Charlotte Home During the Holidays