What’s Happening on New Year’s Eve 2016 in Charlotte?
How will you be ringing in the New Year?
Well, we ‘went to town’ to find everything that we could to share with you the best of the best, the old favorites and even the budget-friendly New Year’s Eve festivities for you to choose from! Links are also included for each one to obtain further information so that you and yours will be well-prepared for this one and only New Year’s Eve, 2016!
Ring in the 2017 New Year with some fabulous options from the Lake (Norman) to Waxhaw and everything in between!
Happy New Year!
- 5Church – New Year’s Eve four-course dinner, champagne, post-dinner dancing with a live DJ and festive party favors. A portion of proceeds will benefit Levine Children’s Hospital. Price: $75-$120 depending on reservation time (see below). 127 N. Tryon ST (on the back side of the Ivey’s building).
- Abari Game Bar – Charlotte’s first arcade bar is holding a free pinball party for New Year’s Eve. Pinball will be free all day. You do need a membership, which is $1 a year (pretty sweet deal if you’re into arcades!). It starts at 12 p.m. and kids are welcome with their parents until 5 p.m. After that it’s age 21+. Free champagne toast at midnight. 1721 North Davidson ST.
- All American Pub – New Year’s Eve party. General admission includes coat check, beer, liquor, wine, midnight champagne toast, balloon drop, party favors and photo area. VIP packages available, too. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31, 9 p.m. All American Pub, 200 E. Bland St. 704-370-2000. www.allamericanpubclt.com.
- Angry Ale’s – Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a variety of packages, including. a DJ, party favors, a balloon drop, passed appetizers, snack packs and drinks (beer, wine, liquor, champagne). $20-$120. Dec. 31. Angry Ale’s, 1600 Montford Drive. 704-525-3663. www.angryales.com.
- Bar at 316 – New Year’s Eve party features Laganja Estranga of RuPaul’s Drag Race (season 7). Hosted by Buff Faye. Ticket includes:. VIP access, NYE prizes, a champagne toast and party favors and a special meet & greet with Laganja Estranga. $20-$25. Dec. 31. The Bar at 316, 316 Rensselaer AVE. 704-910-1478. www.thebarat316.com.
- Bar Charlotte – New Years Eve’s No Theme, No Attitude party at Bar Charlotte features a champagne toast at midnight, free mechanical bull rides, party favors, confetti blasts, glow sticks and a balloon drop at midnight. For more information or to reserve a VIP table, text Julie at 980-333-8633. 18 and up. To buy tickets, visit www.nye2016bar.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Bar Charlotte, 300 N. College ST. 704-342-2545. www.barcharlotte.com.
- Barreled at The Lift Speakeasy – Wear your 1920’s garb and/or zoot suit to this roaring ’20s’ themed party, Flappers & Dappers New Year’s Eve Affair. Music from DJ’s Nurotik & Amalgam starts at 9 p.m. 21 and up. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-626-8850. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Barreled at the Lift Speakeasy, 1600 E. Woodlawn Road. 704-626-8850. www.barreledcharlotte.com.
- Big Ben British Restaurant and Pub – Celebrate the U.K. New Year and then the local one. Party starts at 6 p.m. Live music. Free.
- Blackfinn – Blackfinn’s New Year’s Eve party includes a champagne toast at midnight, giveaways and party favors. General admission or table reservations and VIP packages, email email@example.com. 21 and up. Standard dress code applies. Ticket does not guarantee admission after 11 p.m. Dec. 31. BlackFinn Restaurant & Saloon, 210 E. Trade St., Suite B-120. 704-971-4440. www.blackfinncharlotte.com.
- Bubble – New Year’s Dinner – $125/couple for a three-course, price-fixed menu, which includes a glass of champagne and admission into the late night party. Dec. 31. Bubble, 210 E Trade ST. 704-733-9427. www.bubblecharlotte.com.
- Corkbuzz – Corkbuzz Wine Studio and Chef Allen Evans is hosting a special five-course dinner on New Year’s Eve. The cost is $75 per person, with optional wine pairing for an additional $75 per person. After dinner there will be half-priced bottles of champagne (not including sparkling). To make reservations, call 704-625-1328. A non-refundable deposit of $25 is required. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Corkbuzz, 4905 Ashley Park Lane, Suite J. 704-625-1328. www.charlotte.corkbuzz.com.
- Cowbell Burger & Whiskey Bar – Celebrate New Year’s Eve at this party featuring DJ Eye U and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. There’s also a menu with tasty gourmet burgers and whiskey concoctions. Dec. 31. Cowbell Burger & Whiskey Bar, 201 N Tryon ST. www.eatmorecowbell.com.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden – New Year’s Eve Sparkle and Glow party – a family-friendly event featuring New Year’s Eve traditions from around the world. Enjoy the offerings of Holidays at the Garden (lights, decorations and other special treats), in addition to family activities, live accordion music, and a biodegradable luminary release at the end of the night for wishes in the New Year. Champagne tasting (five, half-glass pours) for an additional $20 per guest. Children‘s activities are included with admission. For more information, visit www.dsbg.org/event/sparkle-glow-new-years-eve/. Dec. 31, 6-9 p.m. Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, 6500 S. New Hope RD, Belmont. 704-825-4490. www.dsbg.org.
- Double Door Inn – New Year’s Eve party features live music from The Spongetones. Dec. 31, 9:30 p.m. Double Door Inn, 1218 Charlottetowne AVE. 704-376-1446. www.doubledoorinn.com.
- Fitzgeralds – Fitzgerald’s New Year’s Eve all-inclusive private party package includes top-shelf liquor, beer, wine and champagne. There will also be a breakfast buffet, a DJ, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. For more information or to make table reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org. $60 and up. Dec. 31, 9 p.m. Fitzgerald’s Irish Pub, 201 E 5th St. 704-370-0687. www.fitzgeraldscharlotte.com.
- Flying Saucer – The Flying Saucer’s New Years Eve party will feature music from DJ Shy at 9 p.m., in addition to party favors and a champagne toast. $10 cover. Dec. 31. Flying Saucer, 9605 N. Tryon ST.
- Galway Hooker – Hosting an all-inclusive New Year’s Eve Bash with drinks (beer, wine, liquor), a heavy hors d’oeuvres buffet, live music (Matt Stratford Band and a DJ spinning top 40), party decor and party favors. VIP packages available. For more information, visit www.galwayhookerpub.com/content.php?pid=54. Thurs., Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Galway Hooker, 17044 Kenton DR, Cornelius. 704-895-1782. www.galwayhookerpub.com.
- Harvey B. Gantt Center – New Year’s Eve celebration with Six Figure Entertainment and a roaring ’20s themed party.The bar will be in full swing and music will be provided by DJ Paradime. VIP packages and tables with bottle service are available. For more information, visit https://nyepuredecadence.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture, 551 South Tryon ST 704-547-3700. www.ganttcenter.org.
- Heritage Food & Drink – Celebrate New Year’s Eve in style in Waxhaw with a seven-course tasting menu. $80+ per person with $28+/per person wine pairing. 201 W. South Main ST, Waxhaw, NC (704) 843-5236.
- Howl at the Moon – New Year’s Eve general admission starts at $40 and includes guaranteed entry (and a no line, no wait), two house drinks (up to $8.25),a champagne toast at midnight and party favors. Other seated packaged tickets available. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Howl At The Moon, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-936-4695. www.howlatthemoon.com.
- Kennedy’s – This New Year’s Eve party is an all-inclusive private party package that includes a fully-stocked bar with top-shelf liquor, a breakfast buffet, music from a DJ, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. 21 and up. For questions or to make table reservations, email email@example.com . $70 before Dec. 24. Dec. 31, 9 p.m. Kennedy’s Premium Bar & Grill, 336 N. Caswell ST. 704-375-0218. www.kennedyscharlotte.com.
- Killington’s – New Year’s Eve dinner will have several courses. For reservations, call 704-948-3770. Dec. 31. Killingtons Restaurant & Pub, 10010 Rose Commons DR, Huntersville. 704-948-3770. www.killingtons.com.
- Label – Annual New Year’s Eve party featuring music by DJ Scene. 21 and up. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Label, 900 NC Music Factory Blvd. www.labelcharlotte.com.
- Latta Plantation Nature Center – New Year’s Eve campfire from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. and providing marshmallows for roasting. There will be games and activities throughout the afternoon. Bring a chair. Free. New Year’s Eve Campfire information.
- Lenny Boy Brewing – New Year’s Eve party at this popular South End location – Live music by Aarodynamics. A Bao Time Food Truck will be there. 3000 South Tyron ST. Free.
- Leroy Fox – New Year’s Eve New York New York party will feature a five-course meal with a wide selection of New York City themed cocktails and a complimentary glass of champagne at midnight. Ticket price includes a five-course dinner, one cocktail, champagne toast at midnight, party favors, a DJ and dancing. 21 and up. Black tie suggested/cocktail attire required. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For tickets, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Leroy Fox, 705 S. Sharon Amity Road. 704-366-3232. www.leroyfox.com.
- Lumiere – New Year’s Eve Dinner Concept – French Myers Park restaurant will be serving up a 5-course NYE meal! Price: $85/per person after 6PM, before 6PM, $75/per person), reservations required.
- McGlohon Theatre – John Tosco presents the Billy Jonas concert experience with voice and percussion based songs with audience participation. The music mixes conventional instruments with homemade creations (he uses buckets and barrels, keys and cans, bells and body percussion). $15. Dec. 31, 3:30 p.m. McGlohon Theater, 345 N. College ST. 704-372-1000. www.blumenthalarts.org.
- Montford – New Year’s Eve party and crawl, presented by Rich & Bennett, will include stops at Angry Ales, Southside and a craft beer tent in the heart of Montford. Featuring DJs, party favors, a balloon drop, passed appetizers, drinks (beer, wine, liquor, champagne options) and TVs screening the Time Square ball drop. VIP tables and seating packages available. $95-$120. Dec. 31. For more information, visit www.rockhouseevents.com/events.
- Neighborhood Theatre – New Year’s Eve party at Neighborhood Theatre will be featuring live music from The New Familiars. Dec. 31. Neighborhood Theatre, 511 E. 36th ST. 704-942-7997. www.neighborhoodtheatre.com.
- Northlake Mall – Hosting an early New Year’s Eve party for kids the morning of December 31. It includes live music, games, crafts and a noon-time balloon drop. Free.
- Petra’s – Celebrate New Year’s Eve from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., there will be jazz music and from 10 p.m. until close there will be music from DJ Phillip. There’s also a free champagne toast at midnight. $5. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Petra’s, 1919 Commonwealth Ave. 704-332-6608. www.petrasbar.com.
- Press Box – Casino Royale New Year’s Eve party with NYC’s Hot 97’s DJ Magic and DJ Freedom in the casino room. For advance tables, call 718-838-8913. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. The Press Box Bar & Grill, 9609 N. TryonST. 704-717-2727. www.thepressboxnc.com.
- Queens Landing – Featuring light hors d’oeuvres served throughout the night and a full menu from Jacks Dockside Gril, music from Johnny B with Carolina’s Beach Party, Jim Quick and the Coastline Band, Sammy O’Banion and a broadcasting on the ball drop and champagne toast at midnight. There will also be a breakfast buffet with a prime rib carving station, omelets, shrimp & grits and more. VIP tickets will get a meet and greet cruise and have reserve seating. $65-$100. Dec. 31, 7 p.m. Queens Landing, 1459 River Highway, Mooresville. 704-663-2628. www.queenslanding.com.
- Red@28th – $10 cover for New Year’s Eve party at either location. 2424 North Davidson ST or 9539 Pinnacle DR. Free champagne at midnight.
- Romare Bearden Park – Charlotte’s official New Year’s Eve celebration takes place at Romare Bearden Park. Free and family-friendly, with fireworks at midnight.
- Rooftop 210 – New Year’s Eve Under the Stars Party at will feature a heated tent for dancing and DJs will be spinning music all night. Tickets are all-inclusive and include a food buffet and passed apps to be served early in the evening and bars that will be serving drinks all night. 21 and up. For tickets, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Rooftop 210, 210 E. Trade ST., Suite 230B.
- Roxbury – 13th annual New Year’s Eve at Roxbury, an ’80s and ’90s nightclub, includes party favors, glow sticks, four bars, drink specials ($5 “Marty Mcfly” fir shots and $5 Doc’s mixed drinks) multiple dance floors, a patio and a champagne toast at midnight. Table reservations available. $20 before Dec. 26; $25 after. Dec. 31. Roxbury Nightclub, 115 W. 5th ST. 704-375-8090. www.roxburynightclub.com.
- Snug Harbor – New Year’s Eve music by Sinners & Saints, Andy the Doorbum and Jaggermouth. 1228 Gordon ST. $10.
- Strike City – New Year’s Eve (The Uproar) at Strike City presents a 1920’s style party with drinking and dancing. Private tables and bottle service is available. 21 and up. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Strike City, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-716-9300. www.strikecitycharlotte.com.
- Suite – New Year’s Eve party will feature a champagne toast at midnight. Dress code is strictly enforced. 21 and up for VIP reservations, email VIP@suitecharlotte.com. Dec. 31. Suite, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-971-7878. www.suitecharlotte.com.
- Sugar Creek Brewing – St. Sylvester’s Eve is a free party starts at 7 p.m. Special beer releases, and live music by Caleb Davis. 215 Southside DR. Free.
- Sycamore Brewing – New Year’s Eve party will feature food trucks, live music, a large heated tent, bottles of champagne, pitchers of beer and more. No dress code. Dec. 31, 7 p.m. Sycamore Brewing, 2161 Hawkins ST. www.sycamorebrew.com.
- The Asbury – Five-course tasting menu with a sparkling toast to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Reservations from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Price: $80 per person plus an option $40 per person for wine pairings with each course. 235 N. Tryon ST.
- The Fillmore – New Year’s Eve party, presented by Disco Donnie & Sugar Society and features Zomboy. 18 and up. Dec. 31. The Fillmore, 1000 N.C. Music Factory Blvd. 704-549-5555. www.fillmorecharlottenc.com/.
- The Mandrake – This New Year’s Eve White & Gold Party will feature naked sushi, DJ’s and other foods and drinks. Featuring DJ Skinner, DJ Fuzz, DJ Tober, Rob Knight, Kaizen, Simple Simon and DJ Kai. Dress is grown up and sexy. Tickets are all-inclusive with sushi, oysters, desserts a champagne toast at midnight and drinks throughout the night. $125. Dec. 31, 9 p.m. The Mandrake, 333 W Trade ST. 704-370-3006. www.themandrakeclt.com.
- The Milestone – New Year’s Eve party featuring live music from Auxilia and Base of Bass and other special guests. Dec. 31. Milestone, 3400 Tuckaseegee RD. 704-398-4072. www.themilestoneclub.com.
- The Rabbit Hole – New Year’s Eve party featuring live music from two of the Queen City bands, Sun-Dried Vibes and Of Good Nature. Lovely Budz will be kick off the night and there will be free champagne at midnight. $10-$12. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. The Rabbit Hole, 1801 Commonwealth AVE.
- The Ritz This is a semi-formal affair with VIP complimentary hors d’œuvres served butler-style.There will be two separate ballroom parties, multiple bar stations, music from DJ B-Lord (Happy Juice & Hot 103.9) & DJ Hotrod (SC) For tickets and VIP info, visit www.kingentevents.com or call 704-336-9139 or email email@example.com. For more information on tickets, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31, 9 p.m. The Ritz-Carlton, 201 E. Trade ST. www.ritzcarlton.com.
- The Westin – New Year’s Eve Extravaganza where the hotel will transform its floors – The Venetian ( with top 40/pop/hip-hop music) and La Rumba (salsa) ballrooms. Various packages and extras. Dress code is upscale and elegant. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31, 9 p.m. The Westin Charlotte, 601 S. College ST.
- Tilt on Trade – Celebrate New Year’s Eve – $50 all-inclusive party package, including party favors, drinks (liquor, beer and wine) and a champagne toast at midnight. For questions or more information on group sales, email firstname.lastname@example.org. 21 and up. Dec. 31. Tilt on Trade, 127 W. Trade ST. http://tiltontrade.com/.
- Ultra at Oak Room – New Year’s Eve party with a variety of packages and features. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. The Oak Room, 200 E. Bland ST. 704-975-4472. www.oakroomclt.com.
- Vanity New Year’s Eve party at Vanity. RSVP for free admission until 10:30 p.m. or make VIP reservations in advance. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Vanity Nightclub, 500 W. 5th ST.
- Vapiano – Eddietainment, NXLevel Charlotte and Moxie Society present this New Year’s Eve party, featuring music by DJ Ngenius and DJ Shaun Nyce. There will also be a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. VIP packages and table reservations available. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. $20 and up. Dec. 31. Vapiano, 201 S. Tryon ST. 704-332-2440. www.vapiano.com.
- VBGB – New Years Eve Bash is an all-inclusive party with a buffet, music from a DJ and special brews. There’s also a heated tent. $65 and up. Dec. 31. VBGB Beer Hall & Garden, 920 Hamilton ST. 704-333-4111. www.vbgbuptown.com.
- Vibrations – Black & Gold New Year’s Eve party hosted by Old School 105.3’s Rae Styles with music from Uptown Swagga and DJ K-Nyce. Featuring a broadcast of the Time Square countdown, party favors, balloons, a champagne toast at midnight and chicken and waffle plates. VIP seating and reserved tables available. For more information, visit www.eventbrite.com. Dec. 31. Vibrations, 5237 Albemarle RD. 704-537-3323.
- Whisky River – Celebrate New Year’s Eve with party favors, a broadcast of the ball drop, free mechanical bull rides, a champagne toast at midnight and a double balloon drop. Limited VIP packages available. For VIP registration, email email@example.com. 21 and up. Thurs., Dec. 31, 8 p.m. Whisky River, 210 E. Trade ST. 704-749-1097. www.thewhiskyriver.com.
- Whiskey Warehouse – There’s no cover for the party at Plaza Midwood’s Whiskey Warehouse. Free champagne toast at midnight.
Happy New Year from The Maxwell House Group! If you or any of your friends or family need us in the coming year, we’d love to hear from you! Call or text (704) 491-3310 or email DebeM@REMAX.net.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | What’s Happening on New Year’s Eve 2016 in Charlotte?