Charlotte Home Seller Tips: Do Your Research
National real estate sales data does not, by any stretch of the imagination, reveal the housing market in YOUR area. Even local daily newspapers, business journals and websites don’t have the micro-data that you will need to set your price. Consult a local Realtor® for the down and dirty stats that you simply MUST have on-hand in order to make an informed decision with regards to pricing your home.
Ask your Realtor® to share with you:
- Current versus historic median/average sales prices
- Average time on the market of for-sale homes in your specific neighborhood
- Your recent neighborhood list to sales prices
- Are others in your area offering incentives to their buyers?
- How many homes have sold in your area in the last 6 months?
- What seller contributions were made in each of those sales?
- How many homes are currently under Contract in your neighborhood/area?
- Confirm unemployment rates and the state of major local employers; are businesses coming to the area or are they closing shop?
Your local expert can provide you with accurate statistical data and guide you in proper placement in YOUR market for optimal results. Do your research and compare it to what your local expert provides you–your market placement will be far more accurate when working from the real data obtained from your Realtor®.
Charlotte North Carolina Real Estate
Debe Maxwell, CRS, Realtor®/Broker
THE MAXWELL HOUSE GROUP REAL ESTATE
1920 E. 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28204
Mobile: (704) 491-3310
Fax: (704) 353-7014