Charlotte Home Buyer Tips | Hiring a Real Estate Professional
Okay, so you’ve decided it’s time to buy a new home, and you’re ready to hire a Charlotte real estate agent to help get you through the process. Let me first say, wise decision! Your goal is to find the Charlotte real estate agent that is focused on providing the absolute best service for you.
Here are 7 things that you, as a consumer, can do to help your Charlotte real estate agent do the best job for you:
- Express your expectations: Exactly what do you want your real estate agent to do for you? Do you want him or her to provide an update to you weekly? What’s your preferred method of communicating – phone, email or text?
- Get pre-approved for a loan: When you’re pre-approved, you have a better chance of getting that perfect home you find because sellers prefer to work with buyers who have been pre-approved for a mortgage. You’ll also know the price range of the home you can afford to buy.
- Be perfectly clear about what you want: Prioritize a list of exactly what you’re looking for in a home and give that to your Charlotte real estate agent. Be sure to include as many details as possible, including the price range (which you know since you’ve gotten pre-approved for a loan), the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you need, the type of neighborhood you prefer to live in and the style of home you want.
- Be honest and upfront with your agent: If you have concerns about a home you’ve seen, speak up. Share your true feelings with your agent regarding what it was that you liked and disliked about the home. Also, if your agent is not living up to your expectations, tell him or her. Treat your agent the way you’d like to be treated and your relationship will flourish.
- Set your pace: If you get tired or overwhelmed when you look at more than three homes in one day, tell your agent that you want to limit the number of homes to three per outing.
- Be prepared to negotiate: Be a Smart Charlotte home buyer! As your agent, I will handle the contract negotiations for you, but you must be open to compromise. When you find a home you love, don’t lose it because you’re unwilling to negotiate. Place an Offer and then counter-offer as many times as needed in order to get the home you want. In a hot seller’s market, you’ll need to put your best foot forward right out of the gate! Again, I’ll guide you through what is necessary to win in a bidding war.
- Remember, you do have the final word: We are here to make suggestions and offer our professional opinions but, ultimately the final decision is yours. When you find the perfect home that fits your needs, you will know that ‘this is the one!’
Just like any other relationship, the client-agent relationship takes work on both sides. If you both do your part, you’ll be more relaxed, make better decisions and achieve your real estate goals.
If you are ready to find the right Charlotte real estate agent for your needs, please give me the opportunity to interview for the job. Phone me today at (704) 491-3310, or email me at Broker@TheCharlotteScoop.com to schedule an appointment.