What Residents Like Best About Living in Charlotte
I always enjoy listening to the 40-under-40 responses each year as the Charlotte Business Journal interviews the winners of this prestigious award. I’m always interested in where they attended college, what they have achieved, where they work, their job/title and my favorite question – “What do you like best about living in Charlotte?“
Here are some of the highlights that the 40-under-40 like best about living in the Charlotte region:
- The welcoming and collaborative spirit of the Queen City
- The restaurants – the culinary experience is out of this world!
- The variety! One can walk on miles of greenway trails, shop at six different grocery stores, and order some of the best pizza available.
- Proximity to the mountains and beaches
- The number of parks and greenways
- The availability of concerts and sporting events
- Charlotte has that small-town feel and culture, but all the attractions and amenities of our country’s largest cities
- The weather — we get the best of all four seasons!
- The melting pot of people from all over the country…and the world
- Reasonable cost of living
- The warm and friendly people with their touch of Southern charm
- Neighborhood walkability— to parks & area playgrounds, shops & restaurants
- Variety of things we have locally — Whitewater Center, great restaurants, Carolina Panthers
- It’s the perfect mesh of Southern charm and city living
- Being a part of our growing city
- The changing seasons
- Charlotte has it all — from big-city life in uptown to rural farmland in the outskirts
- Because Charlotte has it all, we seem to attract people from all over the country (and all over the world!), leading to an amazingly diverse population
- The variety the area has to offer
- Charlotte is the best all-around city—great opportunity, interesting work, easy commutes, access to arts and culture and an easy-to-navigate airport
- The people and community
- Not too cold; not too hot
- Nice Uptown
- Quiet suburbs
- Small enough where you run into everyone you know at the grocery store, but then there is a very sophisticated business environment that allows for a high standard of living
- Quality of life
- Proximity to the coast and mountains
- The cost of living relative to other large cities
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport makes business travel easily accessible.
- Charlotte is the perfect balance. Work pace vs. Southern charm; urban vs. green space; summer vs. winter
- The sports venues
- Music venues
- Local breweries
- Having lived in the Midwest, not owning a snow shovel is nice
- Being an active member of the culinary landscape of Charlotte
- This city does a great job welcoming newcomers
- There are so many ways to get involved and have impact
- You can live life at a fast or slow pace, depending upon the part of the city in which you reside
- The community engagement opportunities.
- Charlotte has so many benefits of big-city living, but without the pitfalls of mega-city living that sometimes make day-to-day life unnecessarily difficult and burdensome.
- Charlotte feels like a cosmopolitan city in the sense that most people I’ve met have chosen Charlotte as a destination.
- This region always feels like it’s on the cusp of something.
- The wonderful people here—this city only has two degrees of separation.
Having lived here for decades, I can attest to hearing some version of each and every one of these statements from those who I have helped relocate to the area. As I keep up with my clients after they purchase, I’m always anxious to hear how they are enjoying their neighborhood and living in the area.
Each of these comments put a smile on my face because it’s exactly how I feel and exactly my hopes for my clients — that they will feel exactly like this after living here a short while. It warms my heart that they do!
If you’re thinking of relocating to the Charlotte Metro region, I’d be happy to share the hidden gems here in the city with you as well as the obvious, fabulous things to love about living here! Need to know where to find the best slice of pizza pie near your new neighborhood? Yes, I can tell you that too! Call or text me at (704) 491-3310 or email CharlotteBroker@icloud.com
Visit www.iCharlotteRealEstate.com for more information and to search for homes in the Charlotte Metro area. Your first step should be enlisting an experienced, local real estate broker. Selecting a great broker is not as easy as it may seem. You will want to enlist a seasoned real estate professional for your real estate needs. Again, I would love to share my knowledge of the area with you…and give you the grand tour as well!
*References from any of our clients are available upon request. Or read our reviews www.CharlotteRealEstateAgentReviews.com.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | What Residents Like Best About Living in Charlotte