Listing Your Charlotte Home?
Here are some staging tips to help you sell faster
If you are thinking about listing your Charlotte home for sale, it’s well worth the investment of a little time and money in staging. Some agents are certified stagers but, most of us are not! Even those who are, and I may be stepping on some toes here but, I liken it to a part time surgeon–would you want a part-time surgeon doing a procedure on a loved one?
Consulting a full-time stager not only helps your home sell faster but, it can also help you get a higher price for your home. Professional stagers recently staged a home for my high-end sellers that was the last home of many to be listed in that particular community and was the first one to sell–stagers just know how to do it RIGHT!
If you’re short on cash and would prefer to do as much as possible along the lines of staging, here are six staging tips to get you on your way to selling your Charlotte home:
1. Declutter – Removing excess clutter is THE single most important thing you can do when preparing your Charlotte home for sale. Clean, open space will sell your home. Nondescript décor allows people to envision living in your home with their individual taste displayed in the home. Get rid of your collections as this tends to distract buyers. Consider putting excess possessions in storage and keeping out only what is absolutely necessary. Remember: You’re going to be packing up to move ANYWAY so, why not start the process now and be ahead of the game?
2. Clean living – It goes without saying; scrub every inch of your home. Nothing kills a sale faster than bugs scurrying across the floor or a filthy kitchen sink.
3. Mirror, mirror on the wall – Mirrors add light and space to small dark rooms and literally allow buyers to see themselves living in the home.
4. Neutral paint colors – When you move into your new home, feel free to paint every room pink and purple if you’d like, but for staging purposes, stick with muted, light colors. White in bathrooms is particularly recommended, as it suggests cleanliness and also gives a larger feel to a typically smaller space.
5. Don’t forget the yard – Twenty dollars’ worth of mulch and a few fresh plants can give a clean look to shabby flower beds. And don’t forget to declutter the yard as well as the interior– that ratty old play gym that the kids used 20 years ago, isn’t adding to the curb appeal of your home.
6. Eliminate detracting elements – Some elements just can’t be fixed – your neighbor’s dreadful backyard, for instance. However, you can put up fences or blinds that block less appealing views and make your home a peaceful oasis that buyers are anxious to purchase.
If you’re looking for more information about listing your Charlotte home for sale, I can help. Give me a call today at(704) 491-3310 or email me at Broker@TheCharlotteScoop.com.
More Charlotte home seller information:
- Two Key Ingredients to Selling Your Charlotte Luxury Home
- Charlotte Area Luxury Home – Staged, Stunning and SOLD!
- 10 Most Common Charlotte Home Seller Mistakes
- Things You MUST Disclose When Selling Your Charlotte Home
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Preparing for the Inspection
©Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group Real Estate | Six Staging Tips to Help Your Charlotte Home Sell Quicker