The First Impression Just May Be Your Last When Selling Charlotte Real Estate
When people meet you for the first time, their first impression is typically a lasting one. You will also never get a second chance to make that first impression when you’re selling your Charlotte real estate either. You need to present your home at its very best all the time, regardless of the amount of time your home has been on the market.
Here are 4 things you can do to make a great first impression:
1. Clean Up the Yard: A messy yard is, simply put, a distraction. It can be time consuming to keep up with general yard work, but it’s certainly worth the effort. Overgrown shrubs, limp lawns, and general disarray can turn off a potential buyer. If you have to hire someone to come in and give your yard a quick pick me up, it’s well worth the money.
2. Get Rid of Items You Don’t Need: Be very diligent about this and get rid of all but the bare necessities. You don’t have to throw or give everything away. Find a storage unit and put the things in there you will be taking with you to your new home but do not need immediate access to for now. Remember, you’re going to have to pack it up ANYWAY when you move! Declutter!
3. Fix Up the Little Things: After all, It IS the little things that count. If you have a leaky faucet, a broken tile in the floor or a crack on the wall, now is the time to fix it. It’s little flaws like this that make potential buyers worry that there are bigger problems waiting to be found. Many buyers feel that if you haven’t taken care of the little things, there may be larger, underlying items that you haven’t cared for either.
4. The Front Door: How does your front door greet your buyers? Many of us pull into our garages, rarely ever using our front door other than to greet guests from the inside—never seeing what our guests see as they’re standing at the door waiting for us to greet them. Are there cobwebs? Are there bugs and debris on the doorstep? Is your welcome mat 20 years old? Is there paint peeling and cracking on the door? The best first impression IS the front door: Paint it, keep the area around the door—whether it’s a step, a stoop or a porch—clean and free of debris. And, put out a new welcome mat and fresh seasonal flowers in a nice pot—make them feel at home before they even open the door!
Selling Charlotte real estate is a lot of work for home sellers but, it is well worth the time investment in properly preparing your home. You can get it sold in a shorter amount of time, with ease and for the most money when you take the time to make a great first impression.
Contact us for more Charlotte real estate information.
Other seller tips to help you get your Charlotte real estate SOLD:
- Preparing Your Charlotte Home for a Quick Sale
- Calculating Absorption Rate Pricing
- Home Selling Tips
- Sellers Checklist
If you have any questions about what you can do to make your home sell faster, I can help. Call or email me today.
Request More Info – Charlotte NC Real Estate Homes for Sale
Charlotte North Carolina Real Estate
Debe Maxwell, CRS, Realtor®/Broker
THE MAXWELL HOUSE GROUP
2901 Coltsgate Road, Suite 100
Charlotte, NC 28211
Mobile: (704) 491-3310
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | The First Impression Just May Be Your Last When Selling Charlotte Real Estate