Preparing Your Charlotte Home For Inspections
If your Charlotte home is on the market, you know there’s an inspection in your near future–at least if your home is listed with The Maxwell House Group! With that in mind, if you haven’t had a pre-inspection performed, plan to spend a few days in preparation for your home inspections.
- Make sure the inspector has access to all areas of your home. Here are some of the key places that are often blocked:
- Attic: If your attic is accessed through a closet, take time to clear away clutter so the inspector can access the attic quickly and easily. Have a ladder ready if needed.
- Basement: Clear everything away from the exterior walls of the basement so they can be seen.
- Garage: Be sure to have all walls of the garage accessible as well–any electrical outlets in the garage must be able to be tested and the inspectors will not have to move storage items to get to those outlets.
- Utilities: Clear around the furnace, air conditioner, water heater and circuit breaker boxes.
- Foundation: Clear landscaping and brush away from the foundation.
- Power ON: If your home is vacant, be sure to have the electricity turned on when the inspector comes. Otherwise many aspects of the inspection can’t be done. This may not only cause delay but, cost you a repairman to check those items per the buyers’ repair request.
- Keep pilot lights lit: Make sure to have any gas appliances or gas logs on to avoid delays in the inspection process.
- Print and copy documents of any mechanical upgrades and maintenance.
- Replace furnace filters.
- Replace burned out light bulbs.
- Check all receptacles: If any aren’t in working order, it could be a simple fix for a few dollars–much better than having another item to repair last-minute.
You don’t want any question marks on your home inspection report. This could be a perceived as a black mark against your Charlotte home. It’s normal for sellers to be nervous about the home inspection but, with these tips in mind, you can pave the way to a smooth, one-time process that is just another step in getting your Charlotte home SOLD.
©Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group Real Estate | Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Preparing for the Inspection
If your Charlotte home is on the market, you know there’s an inspection in your near future if you’re listed with The Maxwell House Group!