Brightwalk – We Know You’re Going to Love it Here!
“Friendly,” “Fun,” “Sustainable,” “Energetic” – all words used by the residents of Brightwalk to describe their vibrant community. Brightwalk is also defined by its expansive parks and trails that offer walkers, joggers & cyclists a breath of fresh air, nature, and the best part – mingling with the neighbors.
Brightwalk Highlights include:
Two major parks with trails tied to the Irwin Creek Greenway and Carolina Thread Trail
- Anita Stroud Park which is enhanced by a natural stream restoration project, trail system, and wildflowers
- Double Oaks Park, an expansive, passive park, the centerpiece of the community
- Water fountains, bike racks, picnic tables, and benches where residents and visitors can relax and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Open-air competition pool
- A neighborhood bike loop created in conjunction with the Charlotte cycling community and in the spirit of Charlotte’s Booty Loop
- Coming in 2020 – Novant Health Michael Jordan Family Clinic
If you are intrigued by the advantages of living in an urban community that embraces sustainable practices, Brightwalk was intentionally designed to save energy, conserve water and restore natural habitat. Public art is another one of the defining elements of Brightwalk.
Sustainability and green building practices were not empty promises at Brightwalk; recycling of previous building materials, stream restoration and homes properly scaled and efficiently designed, are hallmarks of the community as recognized by Audubon Lifestyles.
More than 98 acres, including parks, greenway trails, roads, commercial and residential space round out Brightwalk. This master planned community combines single family homes, townhomes and apartments with an extensive trail system, offices, shops, bars and restaurants.
Park your car and save on gas and auto operating expenses! CATS bus service to Uptown and points north, south, east, and west is available seven days a week allowing.
As well, Brightwalk is located close to the extension of the Blue Line Light Rail connecting Uptown to the University Area. Whether for work, social or cultural events, recreation, or educational needs, Charlotte’s top-notch public transportation is readily available to residents of the community.
Camp North End
The neighborhood and its diverse offerings are complemented by even more improvements being made in the North End area.
1. Making old, new
Camp North End consists of several historic buildings that have served many purposes over the years. In 1924, Henry Ford built a factory there to make Model Ts and Model As. In 1941, the U.S. Army took over the facility, using it to store military supplies during World War II. In the 1950s, Camp North End was repurposed to build and store missiles and renamed Charlotte Army Missile Plant (CAMP). In 1975, and until the 2000’s, Camp North End was a Rite Aid facility.
2. The Boileryard
- The Boileryard, an indoor/outdoor community space draws its name from the boiler room and iconic water tower that powered a 1920s-era Ford Model T factory.
- King of Pops provides cool treats on a hot Friday afternoon in the Boileryard.
- The Boileryard is a community gathering place with large tree planters, a fire pit, outdoor games, beer vendors, swings, benches, picnic tables, string lighting, food trucks, live performances, art and so much more. The community enjoys live music, science activities for children, adult beverages, food and vendors every Friday from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. during spring and summer months – through October. (If you’re not living in the community, enter 1830 Statesville Avenue in your GPS to get to the Boileryard.)
3. New Businesses
Camp North End is home to Goodyear Arts, a nonprofit arts venue; Junior Achievement of Central Carolinas and Hygge.
Other businesses include a mix of creative enterprises and artists that have or are soon moving to the Boileryard including:
— Dupp & Swatt, an eclectic artist studio, gallery, venue and retail shop
— Black Market, an interactive gallery and creative studio
— Silver Eye Studios, LLC, a multimedia collective
— Alchemy: The Workshop, a boutique salon
— Hex Coffee Roasters, a coffee bar and roasting facility
— Solid LLC, a public relations agency and collaborative workshop
— Wily, a design consultant
— Heist Brewery’s second Charlotte facility, a 30-barrel, four-vessel brewhouse coming soon!
— Prism Supply, a custom parts shop for vintage motorcycles
Camp North End also features an enclosed community event space as well as a spacious terrace.
Brightwalk, a $125 million, mixed-income urban village where some homes sell for upwards of $400,000. Brightwalk sits on land that was once home to Double Oaks public housing.
Just like Charlotte’s Cherry neighborhood and other historically lower income communities near Uptown, the North End district is rapidly breezing through the gentrification process. The massive development has had a hand in hastening the transition well into the surrounding community.
What’s not to love about a conveniently located, hip community with so much to do for everyone? This community has so much to offer and we think you’re going to love Brightwalk as much as we do!
Visit www.TheMaxwellHouseGroup.com for more information and to search for homes in Brightwalk. Your first step should be enlisting an experienced, local real estate broker. Selecting a great broker is not as easy as it may seem. There are real estate agents and brokers who will sell you anything but, you want to enlist a seasoned real estate professional for your real estate needs. We would love to share our knowledge of the North End area with you…and give you the grand tour of our gorgeous city!
If you’re thinking of selling your Brightwalk home, let’s talk! As with everything in life, preparation is key and I will equip you with what you’ll need to get you, as seamlessly as possible, through the home-selling process. Call or text (704) 491-3310
*References from any of our sellers are available upon request. Read our reviewswww.CharlotteRealEstateAgentReviews.com.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Brightwalk – We Know You’re Going to Love it Here!