What Charlotte Home Buyers Want | Five Updates to Help Your Charlotte Home Sell
If you’re planning to list your Charlotte home for sale, you will definitely want to make it irresistible to buyers. We’re seeing repeatedly in our showing feedback from buyers touring our listings that they want move-in READY!
Most buyers don’t want to have to lift a finger with the exception of writing that check to the moving company! They WANT you to have an updated home and if the home is priced within market range, they will PAY for those updates. However, they want to tour your home with these updates DONE. They don’t want to have to design anything, hire any contractors or work on any modifications after they’ve moved in for quite some time.
Here are five updates to consider:
- Replace or paint garage doors. If you have an attached two-car garage, it is a very prominent feature of the front of your Charlotte home. You probably don’t even notice the garage doors anymore, but buyers will. If your garage doors are showing their age, consider painting or even replacing them for a new look.
- Replace old windows. If your windows are single pane, this is a must. New double-pane windows will not only look great, they will increase the comfort and energy efficiency of your home significantly. In these energy-conscious times, buyers are not interested in a home with drafty old windows.
- Refinish hardwood floors. If you’ve got them, hardwood floors are an asset. Get them looking their best before showing them off.
- Paint. This is one of the least expensive ways to transform your home, both inside and out.
- Update the kitchen. Some of the most attractive features in modern kitchens include:
- Pull-out shelving in cabinets. These are a boon to an aging population. Never again throw your back out while groping for things in the back of cabinets.
- Islands are still a popular feature.
- Granite countertops
- Stainless steel appliances also remain popular with buyers
Standout range hoods are becoming a focal point in fashionable kitchens.
If you are thinking about selling your Charlotte home and would more information on how to get your Charlotte home sold and to discuss marketing strategies, please call me at (704) 491-3310 or email me at Debe@DebeMaxwell.com for more information.
More Charlotte home seller information:
- Two Key Ingredients to Selling Your Charlotte Luxury Home
- Charlotte Area Luxury Home – Staged, Stunning and SOLD!
- 10 Most Common Charlotte Home Seller Mistakes
- Things You MUST Disclose When Selling Your Charlotte Home
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Preparing for the Inspection
- Six Staging Tips to Get Your Charlotte Home Sold Quicker
- Charlotte Home Sellers – You Should NOT Have to Pay for Marketing Your Home UP FRONT!
- Safety Tips for Charlotte Home Sellers
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
©Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group Real Estate | Charlotte Home Seller Tips | Five Updates to Help Your Charlotte Home Sell