Charlotte Home Seller Tips | Money-Saving Remodeling Tips
I often teach my sellers to put themselves in the buyers’ shoes when preparing their Charlotte home for sale. When searching for Charlotte homes for sale, buyers prefer high-end features and upgraded appliances — even in Charlotte houses that are modestly sized. If you’re selling soon, then it’s understandable that you don’t want to overspend on renovations. Today’s buyers, however, want move-in-ready – that includes granite countertops, stainless appliances and refinished hardwoods. They don’t want to have to do a THING when they move in. Chances are, your selections are going to be universally appreciated if you choose tasteful appointments. Seek your Charlotte NC real estate agent’s advice on selections if you don’t know if your sense of ‘tasteful’ would be considered universal!
Using some of the following money saving tips, you can make upgrades and get a high-end look without breaking the bank.
- Don’t overlook recycling and salvage centers: You can get a significant discount by purchasing second-hand kitchen appliances. Just make certain that you get them inspected by a professional before putting them in your kitchen.
- Get rid of the brass! One of the #1 things that turns buyers away are brass fixtures. Remember that buyers don’t want to have to do ANYthing when they purchase their new home. Anything but brass is typically acceptable to today’s Charlotte home buyers!
- You don’t have to go with the jetted tub: Buyers are hoping to find Charlotte homes for sale with upgraded bathrooms and centerpiece soaking tubs. You can get a great bathtub at substantial savings if you leave out the jets. You’ll save on the actual tub as well as the cost to install and properly plumb it. In fact, the old fashioned claw foot tubs are a huge hit now–and those certainly aren’t jetted!
- Change out kitchen and bath cabinet knobs: This is a cheap way to make a dramatic difference in the look/appeal of your kitchen or bath.
- Think outside the box when it comes to dark hardwood flooring: Oak floors can be easily stained to get a rich, dark look for a fraction of the price of more expensive mahogany. It’s an easy and much cheaper way to get a modern, luxurious look.
- Consider going with a square edge or a remnant piece for countertops: A square edge can be cheaper than a rounded edge, yet still give your kitchen the attractive, modern look that today’s buyers are in search of. For bathrooms and other smaller countertops, take a look at remnant pieces; you can find fabulous high-end granite remnants at dirt cheap prices and have a far superior look in those small spaces (baths) than going to the granite ‘showrooms’ and selecting the common pieces at similar prices.
- Use stock cabinets and bookcases for built-ins and other cabinetwork: Then just paint or stain them to match. Custom cabinetry comes at a steep price, but with a little creative carpentry you can get a similar look for less than half the price.
If you are thinking about selling your Charlotte home and would more information on how to get your Charlotte home sold and to discuss staging and marketing strategies, please call me at (704) 491-3310 or email me at Debe@DebeMaxwell.com for more information. If you’d like more advice on affordable remodeling projects to make your property competitive with other Charlotte homes for sale, we can help you with that as well!
More Charlotte home seller information:
- Two Key Ingredients to Selling Your Charlotte Luxury Home
- Charlotte Area Luxury Home – Staged, Stunning and SOLD!
- 10 Most Common Charlotte Home Seller Mistakes
- Things You MUST Disclose When Selling Your Charlotte Home
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Preparing for the Inspection
- Six Staging Tips to Get Your Charlotte Home Sold Quicker
- Charlotte Home Sellers – You Should NOT Have to Pay for Marketing Your Home UP FRONT!
- Safety Tips for Charlotte Home Sellers
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Five Updates to Get Your Charlotte Home SOLD!
- Charlotte NC Home Seller Tips | Spectacular vs. Blah – Guess Which SELLS?!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group Real Estate | Charlotte Home Seller Tips | Save Money When Remodeling Your Charlotte Home for Sale