Tips to Selling Your Charlotte Home for Sale Quickly–In Any Market
In a booming real estate market, a house, which does not sell in a month, is considered to have a major problem. However, in a slower-selling market, a Charlotte home may take as long as 6 months to one year to sell. The slowing that we have witnessed in recent years, has shaped a lot of uncertainty in the real estate market. In fact, I was referred a buyer from a past client today and the buyer was absolutely shocked to hear that our Charlotte real estate market was showing major signs of recovery!
Interest rates have been reduced drastically and a majority of buyers are looking for a quick purchase before the spring market. Sellers, of course, would like a quick sale as well, so now is a great time to get that home ON the market and get it SOLD.
Here are a few tips that can help you in selling your Charlotte home quickly in any market:
- Your real estate agent SHOULD have a professional videographer to produce a video to market your Charlotte home, both inside and out. Before the professional comes to your home though, record your own video! Watch this video with a critical eye–as though you were a potential buyer.
It is a fact that clean and well-maintained properties sell faster than the ones that seem to be too lived-in.
- Re-evaluate the listing price that you are considering. There are major perils of over-pricing your Charlotte home for sale.
- Have your Charlotte real estate agent show you other homes that are comparable to yours in your area–how do they compare to yours and to your price?
- Sales prices may have changed since you reviewed your first comparative analysis. If you are not getting any buyers for your home, chances are that you have over-priced it.
- Reducing the list price on your home will help insure a quicker sale, which will ultimately mean less out-of-pocket carry costs on the property.
- VACATE your home when potential buyers come to visit. DON’T be the elephant in the room! Your presence will make it difficult or awkward for the buyers to discuss their thoughts and feelings openly with their agent or partner. They will also rush through your home so as not to cause YOU any inconvenience with them being there.
- Once a potential buyer has visited your home, pay close attention to the feedback the potential buyers provide. This can help you realize that perhaps you need to tone down the décor, make a few home repairs and improve upon your landscaping
- You can consider offering benefits to the buyers, such as closing costs, a cash bonus, and owner financing.
Still no luck? I can tell you, there ARE buyers out there–chances are, they feel that your home is overpriced or they WOULD be making an Offer! Try adjusting your list price by determining the lowest price acceptable to you and consider anything extra as icing on the cake.
Perhaps you HAVE received and Offer–it is imperative to consider EVERY Offer you receive, very seriously. It is not recommended to alienate a prospective buyer just because you have set your price unrealistically high. Remember, it only takes ONE Offer!
More Charlotte home seller information:
- Two Key Ingredients to Selling Your Charlotte Luxury Home
- Charlotte Area Luxury Home – Staged, Stunning and SOLD!
- 10 Most Common Charlotte Home Seller Mistakes
- Things You MUST Disclose When Selling Your Charlotte Home
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Preparing for the Inspection
- Six Staging Tips to Get Your Charlotte Home Sold Quicker
- Charlotte Home Sellers – You Should NOT Have to Pay for Marketing Your Home UP FRONT!
- Safety Tips for Charlotte Home Sellers
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Five Updates to Get Your Charlotte Home SOLD!
- Charlotte NC Home Seller Tips | Spectacular vs. Blah – Guess Which SELLS?!
- Pricing Your Home for Sale, Myth vs. Reality
- Selling Your Charlotte Home – Leave the Emotions Out of the Equation
- Pricing is CRITICAL When Selling Your Charlotte Real Estate
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Redefine Your Market Value
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Do Your Research
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips – Remodeling Tips | Ways to Save You Money
- Charlotte Home Seller Tips | Extend Your Selling Season
Thinking of selling your Charlotte home?
Complete this questionnaire and let us provide you a free home market analysis to get you on your way to a successful sale.
Call me at (704) 491-3310 or email me at [email protected] if you’re thinking of selling your Charlotte home. This is what we do–we don’t just LIST your home, we SELL homes in the Charlotte area–for more money AND quicker than others! We would welcome the opportunity to market YOUR home for sale in Charlotte.
©Debe Maxwell | Savvy + Company Real Estate | Charlotte Home Seller Tips – How To Get Your Home Sold Quickly!